It’s time for the new Sentimental Sundays challenge and this week we have something very special for you. For our grown up crafters, we are challenging you to make a card or project for a special woman in your life. Don’t forget your sentiment! The challenge is being sponsored by both Deedee’s Digis and Raindrop Echo Designs. (More info on the special challenge after my card.)
With Mother’s day just a week away, I decided to make a card for mother in-law, who is a special woman in my life. I just found this whimsical dandelion digital image at Pink Petticoats and couldn’t wait to use it. I paired it with a sentiment from Raindrop Echo Designs.
We also have an additional, fun challenge for you this week. We'd like to see the kids get creative too! Gather your child, grandchild, niece, nephew, even a neighbor and get creative together! My daughter, Liz, has been wanting to learn how to use my Copic markers so we spent an evening together this week coloring. I think she really caught on to using them pretty quickly. She used “Cute Little Vase” from Moon Cookie Gallery, a new artist for Whimsy Stamps. Below is the book mark she made with the image she colored . Please stop by her blog (http://craftsbyliz.blogspot.com/) to see a bigger image and to leave her some love.
Stop by the Sentimental Sundays blog to download the free sentiment set from Raindrop Echo Designs and link your project for a special lady (plus a sentiment) and your kids challenge project. You can see some additional DT and special (children) DT members there too. I can’t wait to see what you make!
Please stop back later today for my post for the Whimsy Stamps May Digi release blog hop.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Mother’s Day Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs on Whimsy Stamps, Dandelion Wisps by Pink Petticoat
- Inks: None
- Papers: Papertrey white CS, BasicGrey Marjolaine paper pad, Bazzill Basics Parakeet canvas texture CS
- Tools: Sewing machine
- Embellishments: Amelia White Crochet Lace, Queen & Co. white pearls, misc. white ribbon
- 2 Sisters Challenge – Mother’s Day
- AI Factory challenge – anything goes
- Card Makin’ Mamas – for a loved one (my mother inlaw)
- City Crafter – Use the work “mom” (or variation)
- Craft Us Crazy – Mother’s day and/or flowers
- Craft Your Passion – Layers
- Crafts 4 Eternity – Anything goes
- Crazy Challenge – 3 DP
- Creative Cowgirls – Happy Easter, Happy Spring or Happy Mother’s Day
- Digi Doodle Shop Best – Anything goes
- Dutch Dare – For Mom
- Scrap Creations – Flowers
- Hand Stamped Sentiments – Mother’s Day
- Happileigh Challenge – Mother’s day ( for a mom)
- House of Gilli – Layers & stitching
- I Did It Creations – Mother’s Day
- Moving Along with the Times – Anything Goes
- My Mum’s Craft Shop – Flowers
- One Stop Craft Challenge – In Stitches
- Paper Cutz – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesday – Anything Goes
- Pattie’s Creations – Mother’s Day
- Rubber Café – Mom
- Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes
- Sisterhood of Crafters – Mother’s Day
- Southern Girls Challenge – Blue & Green
- Stampsmith – Mother’s Day
- Stampavie – pearls
- Stamptacular Sunday – Mum’s the word
- Totally Gorjuss – 1-2-3 (1-piece trim, 2 digis, 3 groups of pearls)