It's here! Over the next 3 days (April 13-15th) we are celebrating the first birthday of Lindsay's Stamp Stuff! Lindsay has planned a lot of special events to celebrate.
We are kicking off each day with a blog hop starting at Lindsay's blog at 10:00 am ET. Each day you can hop to 6 of the LSS DT's blogs for a chance to win some goodies and see some lovely projects. Since I am the second stop on the hop today, you should have just come from Lindsay's blog. If you get lost, you can go back to Lindsay's blog for a list of participants to get you back on your way.
You can't have a birthday party with out cake or cupcakes so I made this yummy chocolate cupcake using Sweet Stuff. Is there any other type of cake (or cupcake) other than chocolate?
Sweet Stuff is one of my favorite, go-to sets for birthdays but it is very versatile and can be used for other occasions such as Valentine's Day or Thinking of You. Here is a look at the complete set.
I also made an easel card using this same set. Easel cards are so popular right now but most of the ones I have seen are square. I wanted to make one that could fit into a standard A2 envelope. (Of course I got carried away with the layers so it might be a bit heavy to mail...)
To make a A2 sized easel card you will need a piece of card stock for the base that is 4-1/4" x 11". The front of the card is made of another piece of card stock cut 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". Score the long piece at 5-1/2" and 8-1/4". If this doesn't make sense to you, see my post HERE on easel cards for more instructions.
Now that we have had our cake, let me tell you about some of the other events. All Lindsay's Stamp Stuff product (including her brand new sets) is on sale for 50% off, April 13-15th, at her store on mygrafico.com. How sweet is that? Stop by to check out her new sets including ones for spring, graduation, and crafting.
You will also want to stop in at the virtual crop room on mygrafico. Lindsay will be giving away one freebie a day that will only be available in the crop room during the hop. (April 13-15th). If you have not signed up on mygrafico or for the crop room, it is free and very easy. All the details can be found here. In the virtual crop room, Lindsay will be holding classes and challenges where you can get the chance to win additional prizes. Feel free to pop in to see what is happening.
Now that you stuck with me through all of this, I have a surprise for you. Lindsay is giving away 18 digital stamp sets during during the LSS birthday event. You have a chance to win the Sweet Stuff digital stamp set used to make these projects right now. Leave a comment on this post for one chance to win. For a second chance to win, add the "I'm a fan of Lindsay's Stamp Stuff" badge to your blog and link to the Lindsay's Stamp Stuff store on mygrafico. Leave a second comment letting me know you have done this. I will use random.org to pick a winner the evening of Monday, April 19th, and will post their name here on Tuesday, April 20th. Please leave your email address to make it easier to get the free digital set to you if you win. (To help avoid spam type it in this format: shestampsblog at yahoo dot com) If you already have this set, don't worry you can still play. Lindsay will allow you to swap it with another set if you are picked.
Remember to start back at Lindsay's blog each morning where she will kick off the blog hop for that day. (The hop will start at 10:00 A.M. ET / 9:00 AM CT)
Thank you for stopping. The next stop on the hop is Margie. I know you are going to love what she has created for you.
Challenges for these cards:
For the cupcake card:
- C.R.A.F.T. challenge - #45 Buttons
- Creative Card Crew - #48 Happy Birthday
- Hand Full of Stamps - HFOS#23 - Digi It
- Paper Popsicles - 4-12-10 Sewing (used stitching)
- Polka Doodles - #13 Birthday
- Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday - #35 Birthday
- Stamp Something - Stitch Something
- Taylored Expressions - TESC#108 Sketch
For the easel, cake card:
- Etsy Inspired Challenge - #83 The Mouse Market (I was inspired by this piece.)
- Hand Full of Stamps - HFOS #23 - Digi It
- Little Red Wagon - #23 Sketch
- Moving Along with the Times - #41 Easel card
- Simple Doodles - #15 Inspire others
- Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturdays - #35 Birthdays
- Stamp Something - Stitch Something
- Image: Sweet Stuff from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, sentiment on cup cake card is computer generated, sentiment on easel card is from Flowers with Love by AnnaBelle Stamps
- CS & Papers: Close to My Heart Topstitch paper pack, Georgia Pacific CS, Stampin' Up white CS
- Inks: Stampin' Up Chocolate chip (pad and marker)
- Embellishments & Tools: Prismacolor pencils, OMS, paper piercer, wood button, DMC floss, gold brads, EK Success 5-petal flower punch, Pearl glimmer mist, Stampin' Up corner punch and edge punch, sakura gelly roll pen (clear glitter)
- Techniques: Faux stitching