Happy Fourth of July to my American friends!
I’m a day late with my post. I think I have mentioned before that my life has gotten crazy busy lately. Anyhow, I completely forgot to type up my post. I did my project, took the pictures, had my list of supplies ready, but forgot the rest. Doh! So, I hope my project was worth the wait.
For my project this week, I used the adorable Rosie Posie digital stamp from Whimsy & Stars Studio. She is just so sweet! I had fun popping up the flower on her hat and adding some liquid pearls for some texture and interest.
Here is a closer look at Rosie. I actually broke out my Stickles. I usually forget to use them but thought they would be perfect on her tutu.
So what’s going on to keep me so busy lately? Besides my job, I have lots of family stuff that I am trying to take care of. The tendonitis in my daughter’s Achilles heel has not gotten better with rest so she is starting PT. She also needs to sit out of summer camp and if we do anything with a lot of walking, she needs to be in a wheel chair to give the tendon time to heal. So I have busily trying to come up with the “B” plan for her during the day while I am at work.
My poor dog, Summer, has had another flair up of her vestibular disease. I feel so bad for her. Even though she is dizzy, she is determined to do everything that she usually does, which means she falls down a lot. (Or I fall down trying to help her up and down the stairs and keep her on her feet.)
I’m also planning a party for my dad’s 70th birthday. (You can see a picture that is only a couple years old of him here.)(And yes, I’m ashamed to admit he probably still can beat me in a foot race…)
So these things, along with life in general, have been keeping me out of my craft room and off my computer as much as usual. Don’t worry, I’ll be back. (In my head that is in my best Arnold voice.) With a little luck, I’ll be in there busily crafting away as you are reading my post.
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!
- Stamps: Rosie Posie (digital image) by Whimsy and Stars Studio
- Inks: None
- Papers: Neenah Crest solar white CS, Papertrey kraft CS, Candy Hearts Bazzill CS, October Afternoon Sidewalks DP pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Stampin’ Up edge punch, Copic markers
- Embellishments: Clear Spica pen, Hug Snug winter white seam binding, Paper Studio pearls & gemstones, Cotton Candy Stickles, Buttercup Liquid Pearls, misc. button & bakers twine
- Creatalicious Challenges - M, P15, F - (ends Jul-14) Anything goes
- Cupcake Craftroom - 3E, P1 - Lots of layers
- Bearly Mine - 2E, SIO - #42 Ribbons & Bows
- Clear It Out! - 2W, Use Old Supplies - Anything Goes (Use something Yellow) (used old liquid pearls, stickles, twine, button)
- Jackson's Digital Expressions - 3E SIO - Anything Goes + Optional A Rose By Any Other Name (Use Flowers)
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Sassy Cheryl's - 1E, SIO - #122 Anything Goes
- Stamp n Plus M, SIO for 1st 2 Challenges Then SIR - #2 Anything Goes
- Crafty Bloggers Network - 2W, SIO - (1st week) Anything Goes
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- Totally Stampalicious - SIO - Bows and Ribbon
- Use Your Stuff - JFF - Button Up!
- Great Impressions - M, 3E, SIO - (July) "Show us your best stay in the lines coloring"
- One Stitch At A Time - SIO - Use a Digi
- Hiding in my Craft Room - 1E 2W NSD1 1stW #51 Anything Goes
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - 3E, 2W - Week 1, Anything Goes
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
- Poodles Parlour - 2W, 1E, SIO - Week 1, Cute and / or Cuddly
- Totally Papercrafts – Use a Digi Image
- Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenges – Anything goes
- Paper Pretties - SIO -PPC213 any occasion card