The paper is from my "new stash". I bought most of it from Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago. The "Father" stamp is from my "neglected stash". Believe it or not, it is an actual stamp not a digi. Shocking isn't it? I bought this stamp a couple of years ago for Father's Day but then never used it. I also used a sadly neglected background stamp on the heart to give it a little texture.
Since the sentiment is a little hard to read in the photo, I will save your eyes and tell you what it says. "A father is someone who listens with his heart, speaks with his hugs, and teaches not by words but by example."
To make the white frame around the main panel, I used painters tape around the edges, sponged with the blue ink, and then removed the tape. (I'll let you in on a secret.....painters tape is one of my favorite items in my tool bag. I use it to make sure thick stuff doesn't slide on my Cricut mat, to hold my nesties in place, making frames, all kinds of stuff.)
Please stop by the Sentimental Sunday's blog to download your free sentiment and see the inspiration pieces by the rest of the DT. I hope you will join our "New or Neglected Stash" challenge.
Before I go, I'll share a picture of my dad with you. He used to be a line-man for the power company before he retired. (I used to think "Wichita Lineman" was about him when I was really little. I would also watch the "Electric Company" every day waiting to see him and never did. Hmmm...some people might think I wasn't too smart....) Anyhow, my brother took this photo last summer. He is about 12 feet in the air. Not bad for 67.
Thank you for looking!
Challenges for this card:
- Annabelle Stamps - ABSC023 Sketch Challenge
- The Creative Cottage - Father's Day
- Easy Craft Projects - Green (recycled button)
- For Fun Challenges - Card for a Man
- Instyle Stamps- Father's Day
- One Stitch at a Time - Boys to men
- Simon Says Stamp - Father's Day
- Simple Doodles - Just for you dad
- Stampin' B's - Masculine Card
**edit - top pick for the Annabelle Stamps sketch challenge.
- Images: Father Calligraphy by Paper Inspirations, Distressed Background by Stampabilities
- Papers & CS: PaperTrey kraft CS, Georgia Pacific white CS, red is out of my scrap bin, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, All the followin DP is My Mind's Eye - Anrea Victoria Tan Polka Dot, Breaking Free Righteous Dots, Blue Texture, & Four Miles Stripe, Bella Bella Dark Brown polka dots
- Inks: Close to My Heart Chocolate & Twilight, Distressed Ink Tea Dye
- Tools & Embellishments: Close To My Heart edge distressing tool & sanding block, CTMH twine, misc. brads (the heart was cut free hand)
- Techniques: Distressing