** Please scroll down for my Whimsy and Stars Studio post **
Welcome to the first stop on the Meljen’s Designs blog hop!
There are exciting things going on at Meljen’s Designs! First, Melissa is opening a brand new store for all the Meljen’s Designs digital and precolored images. You can check the new store out HERE and save 50% on your purchase during the duration of the hop.
Since this is a celebration, we have PRIZES! Be sure to visit each stop on the hop, including the final stop, the Meljen’s Design blog. The GRAND PRIZE winner will be chosen from the comments left at the final stop and will get to choose three images of their choice from the new shop! 3 additional winners will get to pick one digital image from the Artsy images being released today. All winners will be announce on September 8th on the Meljen’s Designs blog.
For my project, I used an older image that I just love but hadn’t yet worked with. Isn’t this gnome sweet? I just want to pinch is cheek. I paper pieced his hat and added a felt flower. I took some inspiration from an old WOJ sketch.
To go along with the new images, we also have a new challenge. The challenge for this week is “No Designer paper”, use just cardstock. You can link up your creation on the Meljen’s Designs blog.
That is all the new and exciting news so let me tell you what is going to remain the same.
- You will still be able to get all the Meljen’s Designs RUBBER STAMPS at Whimsy Stamps. (HERE)
- New releases will still be every Thursday. You can see them at the Meljen’s Designs blog and will be able to purchase them in the new store.
- The Meljen’s Designs challenges will continue as usual every Thursday. You will be able to find all the information on the latest challenge on the Meljen’s Designs blog.
- There will still be freebies on Mondays. (They will be offered on the blog and in the store.)
I won’t keep you here any longer. The next stop on the hop is the talented Darsie’s blog.
While you are here, you might want to check out my Halloween blog candy.
- Stamps: Beardy Gnome (digital image) from Meljen’s Designs, Just the Ticket from Papertrey
- Inks: Close To My Heart Juniper
- Papers: Papertrey kraft & dark chocolate CS, Neenah Crest CS, My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose Hattie paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Papertrey ticket die, Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered florals die, Copic markers, Stapler
- Embellishments: DMC floss, Marvy Twinklette gold pen, Stampin’ Up ribbon, misc. felt, dew drop, buttons, twine, staples
- Techniques: Distressing, paper piecing (on hat)
- AI Factory – Anything Goes
- Anything Goes Challenge – Inspired by Movie or TV (Gnomeo & Juliet)
- Crafting for All Seasons – Bingo (Buttons, Stitching, flowers)
- Crafty Creations – 3 different dies or punches (circle, inverted scallop, ticket dies)
- Creative Card Crew – Anything Goes
- Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays – Anything goes
- Phindy’s Place – make your own embellishment
- Polly Craft Challenge – use felt
- Ribbon Carousel Challenge – All Tied Up
- Scrapbook Sisters – Anything Goes
- Stamp Fairy – Buttons & fibers
- Stamps R Us – Anything Goes
- Totally Gorjuss – As You Like It
- Tuesday Throwdown – Punny sentiment
- Whimsie Wednesday Challenge – Favorite stamp