** I have 2 posts today, please click here to see my Paper and Such challenge post **
It is getting to be my favorite season – autumn! I know it might be a little early for some but I really felt like digging into my fall themed images and papers this weekend. I coupled this fabulous, autumn themed image with some dp scraps that I still have stashed away from last year to make a simple thank you card.
I have my new laptop set up and am only missing my Photoshop soft ware. Since I have heard some great reviews on Light Room, I decided to give it a try. I’m not sure what I think of it yet. I was so used to editing my photos in Photoshop I could have almost done it with my eyes closed. If you use Light Room, let me know what you think and what your favorite presets are.
We had a wonderful experience over the weekend. We attended Field of Honor: A Salute to the Greatest Generation. When WWII vets are passing away at a rate of 900 per day, it was a wonderful opportunity to pay tribute to their greatest accomplishment, the allied victory in WWII. As the main event, the movie “Honor Flight” was premiered. If you get a chance to see it where ever you live, I would say it is worth the time and price. I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes a few times during the evening.
It was incredibly moving to see such a large gathering of so many veterans. Although the focus was on WWII vets, there were also vets from Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, etc. and current service members. Below you can see a picture of my daughter proudly wearing the jacket that my husband has from his time spent in the US Navy.
The grand finale of the evening was to find out that we helped set a new record in the Guinness Book of World Records. We were part of the largest movie premier with over 28,000 people in attendance. Here a snippet of the crowd. (Yes, we were in the nose bleed seats.)
If you are interested, you can see more about the movie or how you can help out at Honor Flights. Although the movie focuses on the Wisconsin, there are Honor Flight chapters across the country.
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!
- Stamps: Blessed Harvest from Whimsy & Stars Studio, Wings and Such from Paper and Such
- Inks: Close To My Heart Autumn Terracotta
- Papers: Papertrey white and kraft CS, American Crafts Night Fall
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders circle nestabilities, Stampin’ Up Word Window & Scalloped edge punch
- Embellishments: Close To My Heart button, May Arts burlap twine
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- Paper Pretties - SIO - Anything Goes
- Stamp and Create - M, 1E/week - (Aug) Stitch It Up
- Whoopsi Daisy - SIO - Anything Goes
- Joanna Sheen Challenge - 2W, SIO, F - (2nd week) Try Something New (uncolored image)
- One Stitch At A Time - SIO - Anything Goes
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
- Simply Create Too - 2W - Week 2, Anything Goes
- Paper Crafting Journey - 2W - (ends Sept-12) Anything Goes
- Crafts and Me - #96 use a digi
- Waste Not Wednesday - JFF - always "use your forgotten stuff" (old papers)