This week our theme for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff (LSS) DT is Anything But a Card. When I saw the seed packs I bought sitting on the counter, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
I used LSS's Pretty Favors to make this box which holds 2 seed packs. I hand cut the template and it was very quick and easy. I decorated the box with a paper pieced flower from the LSS Doodle Flowers digital stamp set and printed out a computer generated sentiment. (For a tutorial on paper piecing with a digital stamp, click HERE.)
I also wanted to make a package to hold a single seed pack. I cut a piece of CS 3-3/4 x 10-1/4 inches and scored at 5 inches and 9 inches to make the folds. It is held together only with the ribbon. I decorated it using the cute seed pack image from Love Grows Here. Below you can see how the seed pack slides out.
Either of these projects would be cute little gifts for teachers, friends, or even bridal showers.
Here are the previews of the LSS products used.
Please stop by the rest of the DT to see what kind of Anything But a Card projects they created.
Challenges for these projects:
- By the Cute & Girly - March challenge Spring is in the Air
- Charisma Cardz - #12 Spring has Sprung
- Creative Card Crew - Going Dotty
- Digital Tuesday - #51 Think Spring
- KL Stampin n Scrappin - #23 Boxes & Baskets
- Mygrafico - Paper piecing
- Paper Popsicles - Ribbon
- Quirky Crafts - #24 Flowers
- Stamp Something - Doodle Something (doodled stitching on seed box)
- Stamptacular Sunday - #52 Flower Power
- Susie's Sassy Challenge - My Spring Garden
- Stamps: Doodle Flowers & Love Grows Here by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, Stampin' Up All Year Cheer I
- Papers & CS: Images printed on Georgia Pacific CS, Stampin' Up Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Rose Red, Cutie Pie DP
- Ink: none
- Embellishments & Tools: Pretty Favors plain box template from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, Stampin' Up Markers, Swiss Dots embossing folder by Provo Craft, Stampin' Up Ribbon, Stampin Up label, tag & circles punches, misc. rick rack, eyelets, Cropadile, DMC floss, misc. button, black pen