I just don’t feel like coloring lately. (Don’t tell my DH…. I might get the raised eyebrow at my collection of Copics.) So when trying to avoid coloring and still make a card using a Meljen’s Designs image, I was inspired by the spring weather we have been having to make a spring-y flower card. I love this yellow polka dot paper. Doesn’t it just scream sunshine and happiness?
If you would like to see a tutorial on how to paper piece using digital images, there is a good one on the Meljen’s Designs blog HERE. After cutting out the pieces, I like to place them face down on my squishy mat (you can see in my tutorial on faux brads HERE) and use my embossing tool to rub on the back side of the image to give it some dimension and shape.
The Meljen’s Designs challenge for the week is to use LACE. Link up your creations using a Meljen’s Designs image (digital or rubber) on the Meljen’s Designs blog for your chance to win some digis. See the blog for the challenge rules.
While you are here, don’t forget to check out my March Followers Blog Candy of 2 MME paper pads. Click on the picture for details.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Little Layered Flowers Button Daisy & Little Layered Flowers Stitched Leaf (digital stamps) by Meljen’s Designs , Mega Mixed Message from PaperTrey
- Inks: Close To My Heart Olive
- Papers: Papertrey kraft CS, Bazzill Basics CS, My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose Gertie paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Cricut, Accent Essentials cartridge, Big Shot, Clear Dollar Stamps Tabs & Tags designer dies, Copic Markers (used for shading & to color the thread), embossing stylus
- Embellishments: Lace, bakers twine, button, DMC floss, dew drops
- Techniques: Paper piecing
- Crafting for all seasons – Green & yellow
- Divas By Design – Citrus colors
- Ruby’s Rainbow – lace
- Outlawz – 3-12 Greeting challenge – anything goes
- Digital Tuesday – Think Spring
- Ladybug Crafts Ink – Anything goes
- Use it Tuesdays – Green (lace & dew drops are from hoard)
- Crafty Bloggers Network – Flowers
- Cupcake Craft challenge - going dotty
- House of Gilli – Spring colors
- Paper Playtime - Delicious Die Cut"-Flowers (for the girls)
- Scrappy Frogs – Seeing spots
- That Craft Place – Anything goes
- 2 Sisters Challenge – Spring colors
- Allsorts Challenge – Say it with flowers
- Totally Gorjuss – Anything goes with a button
- Totally Papercrafts - Favorite things (polka dots, green, buttons, twine)
- Milk Coffee Challenge – Anything goes