I can’t believe it is already Memorial day and time for the OWH hop. I found out about OWH about a year ago when I stumbled onto a blog hop similar to this one. I loved what they were/are doing for our troops and had to join in. Since then, I have sent a couple of boxes of cards and joined in every blog hop that I could to help raise awareness. Well, enough of the jabber, I will get on to my projects. I know there are a lot of stops on the hop and you don’t want to miss any of them. Don’t forget that I am offering blog candy for the hop. You can find all the details in the post following this one or by clicking HERE.
I have 2 cards to share with you today. I tried something a bit out of my style on both. No digi stamps where used on either card! That is really unusual for me.
For the first card, I was lacking mojo and was poking around on Pinterest trying to find some inspiration. I loved this card by the very talented Laurie Wilson and decided to CASE it and give it a bit of my own spin.
After completing my CASE of Laurie’s card, I felt my mojo coming back and made this card. It is a bit different my usual style, but I like the results.
Your next stop on the hop is Shelly(http://shellysangelheart.blogspot.com/) .
Thank you for hopping by today. If you get lost along the way, you can always find the complete blog hop list by clicking the Blog Hop button at the top of my post. Don’t forget to scroll down or click HERE to enter in my blog candy give away.
Supplies for the “Thinking of you” card:
- Stamps: None
- Inks: None
- Papers & CS: Papertrey kraft CS, PaperStudio black CS, Bazzill Basics green CS, misc book pages
- Tools: Big Shot, Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder, Stampin’ Up 1-1/4” & 3/4” circle punches, Martha Stewart 1” circle punch, Sewing machine
- Embellishments: DMC floss, Stampin’ Up Love & Happiness rub ons
Supplies for the “Hello Sunshine” card:
- Stamps: Papertrey Handwritten Notes
- Papers & CS: Papertrey kraft CS, Georgia Pacific CS, Bazzill Basics blue CS, misc. scraps from October Afternoon
- Inks: Close To My Heart chocolate
- Tools: Sewing Machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Papertrey Banner Basics, EK Success punch
- Embellishments & other: Misc. felt from Hobby Lobby
Challenges for “Hello Sunshine” card:
- Cooking it up with Katie – swirls (center of sun), sunny, sentiment
- Crafting for all seasons – anything goes
- Crafty Card Makers – challenge yourself (different style)
- Creative Card Crew – anything goes
- Creative Friday – summer time
- Digi Doodle Shops Best – anything goes
- I Did It Creations – anything goes
- My Time To Craft – die cuts
- Paper Issues – Summer
- Paper Shelter – anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge – here comes summer
- Pinterest/Soapbox Creations – inspired by something on pinterest (HERE)
- Pixie Cottage – sketch and/or here comes the sun
- Truly Scrumptious – anything goes
- Tuesday Throwdown – Stripes
- Woodware USA – Anything goes