I printed several of the skull labels (for multiple bottles) from Vintage Halloween Labels on orange card stock, cut out with my nesties and sponged the edges with black ink. On the top of the bottle, I used a circle of purple DP and one of the circular labels from the Halloween Odds & Ends freebie digi set Lindsay offered last week printed on orange paper. It looked a little plain so I added a button but I was thinking of making an eyeball using punches. (Too freaky??) Honestly, it took me less time to decorate the bottle than it did to get the original label and the gummy residue off of it. That is what is so great about the Vintage Halloween Labels set. You can do so much with them for a nice impact with out it taking a ton of time.
Here is a look at the entire set which can be used to make treat packaging, cards, or even jazz up the bottles and other items used at a Halloween party. Although coloring looks great, if you don't feel like it, a little sponging is just perfect for these labels.
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope this gave you some ideas for Halloween. If you like the Vintage Halloween Labels set or any other digi stamp set or SVG file set from Linday's Stamp Stuff, you are extra lucky today. Lindsay is having a September sale with 30% off everything in her mygrafico store through 9-17.
Remember to stop by the rest of the DT to see what wonderful creations they devised this week. Lindsay will have a freebie posted on her blog.
Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
- Creative Belli Challenge - Something with "B" (I used an old button)
- Drunken Stampers - Circles (label and top of bottle)
- Little Paper Shop - Orange, Purple & Green
- Sew Many - Happy Halloween
- Images: Vintage Halloween Labels digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff (mygrafico.com) & Halloween Odds & Ends digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff
- Papers & CS: K&Co Halloween Whimsy Striped Ghost paper, misc. purple, orange & black CS
- Inks: SU Basic Black
- Tools: Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Drippy Goo edge punch, Scor Tape
- Embellishments: SU Basic Black ribbon, PTI button twine (colored green with copics) misc. purple fiber & button