I usually post on Thursday but I just loved this card so much I had to share it today. The chick is from Cute Easter from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. I made this as a thank you card for a great friend. How adorable and springy is this chick? (Is "springy" a word? You know what I mean.)
I LOVE this stripped paper. The best part is that I found it at HL in a clearance bin for $0.25. It was mixed into some Christmas stuff and I thought it would be a great break from the traditional Christmas colors. I never got around to using it at Christmas but I thought it just screamed to be paired up with this chick. Don't you think it works?
It might be hard to see in the photo but I created a polka dot background on the yellow panel using my white Fun Flock and 2-way glue. I wanted to add a little extra texture (and fuzziness) to the card. I hope this also qualifies for the EONAC challenge to get messy. I certainly made a big enough mess when doing it.
I ordered Photoshop for Dummies from amazon.com to help the Easter bunny out (from my Monday post). I can't wait to get my hands on that book. Thank you to all who sent me links to tutorials or offered up your assistance. It has been an extra crazy week here but I am sure I will be contacting you with my questions soon. I love the stamping/blogging community. Every one is so helpful!
Thank you for stopping by to look at my card and read my babble. I hope you have a fantastic day.
Challenges for this card:
- All Sorts Challenge - #44 Spring is in the Air
- Bee - Crafty - #26 Spring (Go check out their cute Easter freebie digi)
- Crafty Card Makers - #17 Spring into spring
- Crafty Catz - #24 Spring
- Crafty Creations - #59 Dots & Spots
- Crazy for Challenges = C4C29 Spring
- Creative Card Crew -#46 Going Dotty
- Daring Card Makers - Tweetie Pie (Birds)
- Digital Tuesday - #51 Happy Spring
- EONAC - #9 All Things Messy
- Lots to Do - #11 Springtime
- Magical Crafts - #11 Spring/Easter
- The Sweet Stop - SSS48 Sketch with a spin (fuzzy wuzzy)
- Stamps: Cute Easter digital stamp set from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico, Spot on Backgrounds from Close To My Heart
- Papers & CS: My Mind's Eye Out & About Primary Stripe, misc. blue, yellow & red CS, Georgia Pacific CS
- Inks: Stampin' Up Real Red (only for polka dots on the flower)
- Tools & Embellishments: Dill button, Prima flower, DMC floss, misc. ribbon, white Fun Flock, Prismacolor markers, Stampin' Up border punch, Spellbinders nestabilities, Creative Memories circle punch (computer generated sentiment)