I used Lindsay's new set Birds & Branches on both cards. I really enjoyed coloring this image. I love this set and know it is going to be one of my "go to" sets in the future. Aren't the mailbox and the bird houses in this set adorable?
Since I really didn't have a bow on the card and I had some new Flower Soft to play with, I decided to make a quick second card. Birds & Branches can be used if you want to take your time and color or if you want to put together a quick card. I colored the flowered branch with my SU markers and then glued the Flower Soft to the branches. This card was super quick to make and I really like how it turned out. (I think it took me longer to get the bow tied right than to make the rest of the card!)
My husband made me a light box this week end using the tutorial from HERE. (Isn't he sweet? He also made dinner on Sunday. He's a keeper.) I think the colors of the cards look more true-to-life. What do you think of the photo quality?
While you are out and about on the internet today, please stop by the rest of the DT to see what kind of projects they have using buttons and bows.
My mail box card also fits the following challenges:
Bee Crafty - #24 Sew Cute
Corrosive Challenge - #52 Wings
Crafty Creations - #55 Stitching
Inky Impressions - #30 Think Spring
Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge - MTSC61
One Stitch at a Time - Stitching
A Spoon Full of Sugar - #91 Spring is in the Air
Stamp Something - Touch of spring somethings
Your Next Stamp - Spring Colors
Supplies for the mail box card:
- Images: Birds & Branches by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, Faux Stitched Border by Angel's Landing used as stitching guide
- Papers & CS: PTI kraft CS, Stampin' Up So Saffron CS, Georgia Pacific white CS, K&Company Wild Saffron DP
- Inks: None
- Tools & Embellishments: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip marker and ribbon, paper piercer, DMC floss, button, Prismacolor pencils & OMS, Spellbinders Nestabilities
Supplies for the branch card:
- Images: Birds & Branches by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com, Think Spring by Stampabilities
- Papers & CS: Georgia Pacific white CS, misc. pink CS, Stampin' Up white CS
- Inks: None
- Tools & Embellishments: Flower Soft (Sweet Pea) , Aleene's Tacky Glue, Stampin' up makers, Stampin' Up Pretty In Pink ribbon, buttons, DMC,