Friday, October 2, 2020

Cute Trick or Treaters

 Hello!  I think autumn is here.  We have had to turn on the heat and I've been cold when walking the dogs.  Our town has not cancelled Trick or Treat but I'm not sure how it will work with COVID.  I have stayed strong and haven't purchased any candy yet.   I know if it is in the house I will eat it.  

To get in the autumn / Halloween mood, I spent some time in my craft room making a Halloween card last night.  I enjoyed coloring this cute image.  I actually printed two with the intent of making two cards, but somehow I messed up coloring the second image.    This is the first time I tried coloring a night scene.  I don't think the highlighting or the background are right, but its okay for a first attempt.



Later this month, I will send this card to my daughter who is away at college.  I miss having her at home and worry about her with all the news stories about the increasing rates of COVID infection on university campuses.  



I want to make a few more Halloween cards to send to family and friends this year.  I hope I have time to work on them this weekend.

Thank you for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Supplies:
  • Image: Halloween Costumes (digital stamp) by Rachelle Anne Miller Creative Studios
  • Papers:  Cosmo Cricket Matilda 6x6 mini deck, Georgia Pacific white card stock, Stampin' Up purple card stock, misc. black card stock
  • Medium:  Copic markers



Challenges:

  


6 comments:

Claire said...

My kids keep asking what will happen about halloween.
Gorgeous card love the image
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Claire said...

My kids keep asking what will happen about halloween.
Gorgeous card love the image
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Catie Cuddles said...

Such a lovely card.
Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog. Hope to see you again soon.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Billie A said...

oh how cute. Great images and colors. Love the die sentiment. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

Lisa J said...

This is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Passions & Distractions said...

I think your coloring is so lovely! Great job for a first time night scene!!! Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!