Thursday, July 9, 2020

We Mermaid To Craft!

Hello!  This month the challenge at the Papercraft Challenge is Ocean / Water.   Although I did not need to post a project as a DT member until the August challenge, I wanted to participate.  

This is the first time I colored hair a non-natural color.   I have to say I really struggled.   After coloring the image about six times, I finally settled on the image I used below.  This was also the first time I colored a water background.  I added sequins, Nuvo drops, and used glitter pen as accents.



This digital image is from Star Jam Lines on Etsy.  

Don't forget to link up your entry into the Ocean / Water challenge at the Papercraft Challenge.  

Thank you for stopping by!   Stay safe and healthy!

Cheryl



Challenges:

·        Southern Girls 2W,2E,C10 Always Anything Goes

·        Crafty Creations  M, 1st W, 2E - Always Anything Goes

·        Crafty Gals Corner - M, 2nd W, 3E, #209 - Fantasy World

·        Creative Moments M, Wed 3E, Anything Goes

·        The Paper Funday M, 4E #18 - Anything Goes/Optional Twist Great Outdoors

·        Digi Choosday Challenge -W,E2, - #27 - Anything Goes

·        Paper Minutes W, - #648 - Anything Goes

·        Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E - Always Anything Goes

·        A Bit More Time to Craft (M, P1/15, E3) #119 - Always Anything Goes

·        A Perfect Time To Craft (M, P1) Always Anything Goes

·        Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper (M, P1) June - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper


8 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Cheryl! First, I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment! I appreciate it!

Your Mermaid card is beautifully done! I love the treatment of the hair. The image in totality is beautifully colored and your background is spot on!
I love it!

BTW, your project is perfect for the challenge this month at my A Place To Start Challenge Blog, I would love to see it entered there!

Thanks, again for the visit, and thanks for supporting my challenge blog at 613 Avenue Create! We enjoy your work!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and adorable image x

crafty-stamper said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog.Love your card well worth for sticking with it-fabulous colouring love the hair and sparkle-background is brilliant
Carol x

Donna Walls said...

Sweet card and lovely colors. I also struggle with coloring hair, no matter the color LOL...you did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenges. Donna, DT

Jane Savage said...

Stunning card, adore your gorgeous colouring! Great choice of colour too!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Beautiful card. It is very sweet!

Thank you for joining us at Digi Chooseday Challenges.

Happy Crafting
Sam

Cards by Beckie said...

This is a gorgeous card with amazing colouring. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie

Judy Markowitz said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}