The weather around here had turned a bit cold and the birds are flocking to my bird feeders. Although we have a few black capped chickadees year round, we have more of these adorable little birds in the cold months. They are so cute and make the funniest sound.
I love the DP that I used. I think it looks perfect for Christmas. I don’t think it was designed for Christmas since the coordinating stamp set had butterflies and such. Oh well, I like it better as Christmas paper. The colors are perfect.
I made my own embellishments for this card. The ribbon was winter white Hug Snug seam binding that I dyed using my BG72 Copic ink refill and some Glimmer mist. The snowflakes were punched out of vellum, covered with Versa mark ink and then embossed using Ranger Bridal Embossing Tinsel. (They look even prettier in real life!) I finished them off by coloring some clear gemstones with my BG75 Copic marker so that they would coordinate with the paper.
My card also fits the new Meljen’s Designs challenge, which is HOLIDAY – CHRISTMAS. Melissa is releasing some new images to the store today that are perfect for the challenge. Here is a little looksee. Stop by the Meljen’s Designs blog to see what some of the DT has created using these cuties.
Thank you to every one that wished me good luck. Woo hoo! I am able to wear a regular shoe and drive again. Hurray!
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Cozy Little Chickadees (digital image) by Meljen’s Designs, Just the Ticket & Signature Christmas by Papertrey
- Inks: Close To My Heart Juniper, New England Ivy, Sweet Leaf inks, Versa Mark ink, Copic BG72 and 00 ink refill
- Papers: Neenah Crest solar white, Papertrey kraft CS, misc. green CS, Close To My Heart Wings & Veranda paper packs, Stampin’ Up vellum
- Tools: Sewing machine, EK Success snow flake punches, Fiskars edge punch, Copic markers, heat tool
- Embellishments: Hug Snug winter white seam binding, Papertrey button, , Tattered Angels Pearl glimmer mist, Paper Studio gem stone, Frosted Lace Stickles, Clear glitter Spica pen, misc twine & lace
- Alota Rubber Stamps – Christmas
- Bee-Crafty – Bling with a digi image
- Bunny Zoe – lace
- Clear It Out – Trims (Seam binding & lace trim were stash along with most everything on this card)
- Cooking it up with Katie – Recipe: Row (row of ribbon and lace), red (berries & heart), ribbon
- Corrosive Challenge – flying things
- Craft Your Passion – Let’s get krafty
- Critter Challenge – 3 different DP
- Deep Ocean Challenge – your idea of “sweet”
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best – anything goes
- Digital Tuesday – Button & twine
- Forever Friends – anything goes
- Forever Friends – monthly – Use a sentiment
- Inky Impressions – Anything goes
- Lollipop Crafts – At least 3 embellishments
- Ooh-La-La creations – Let it snow
- Pals Paper Arts – Ribbon
- Paper Crafting Journey – Use a digi
- Paper Play Time – sentiment + buttons +bows
- Paper Pretties – Embellish
- Party Time Tuesdays – Anything goes
- Ribbon Girls – Jingle all the way to Christmas
- Saturday Challenge – Wrap up warm
- Scrappy Frogs – things the fly
- Scrap-creations – digi
- Scrapbook Sisters – anything goes
- Shelly's Images-Terrifically Thrilling Thursday – BINGO (kraft, free, bling)
- Simon Says Stamp – anything goes
- That’s Krafty Thursday - kraft
- The Kraft Journal – anything goes
- Whimsy Inspirations Challenge – button it
- Christmas Stampin’ All Year Long – Sparkly
- Sparkle's Forum Christmas Challenge – Inspired by song (Let it Snow!)
- Fab's Big Christmas cards challenge - Something Shiny and/or Snowflake
- Christmas Inspirations – Punches or Dies