Hello! Today is my day to post on the Pumpkin Spice blog. This week’s challenge is to use X’s and O’s in your creations. Denine further challenged the DT to see what we could make with the focus on designer paper and only use stamps for sentiments. This idea popped into my head immediately. (Gosh, I love when that happens!)
On the back side of my top layer, I measured and marked where I wanted the die cuts. Although I used metal dies, you could do the same thing with your die cutting machine. The pieces of designer paper are adhered to the back side of the white piece so it shows through the negative spaces. I think there are so many possibilities to this design. You could use other words or shapes to fit any occasion. I finished off my card with stitching because, well, I almost always use stitching. I couldn’t resist adding some coordinating bakers twine.
The sentiment was added by creating my own, custom rub-on. You can find a tutorial here.
I hope you will join our X’s & O’s challenge. You can find all the challenge details and link up your project here.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Paper: Bazzill card stock (red & white), Lily Bee Design Handmade 6x6 Tiny Tablet
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Papertrey die cut alphabet, Stampin’ Up edge punch
- Embellishments: The Twinery maraschino baker’s twine
- Font: Lemon Chicken
- A & T Emerald Faeries Challenge - 2W, 3E, SIO - #40 Love ( Monthly for now, ends 28th Feb)
- Party Time Tuesdays - W, 3E (2E anything goes wk) - PTT #109 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door 3E, W - Always Anything Goes!
- Cards in Envy - 2W, Cards no thicker than 1/4" - (2nd week) Polka Dots and/or Stripes
- Crafty Bloggers Network - M, SIO - (Feb) Anything Goes
- Love to Create - 3E - String, Twine or Fibers
- Make it Monday - W - always Anything Goes
- The Pink Elephant Monday Card Challenge - cards - Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
- Robyn`s Fetish - Use Ribbon or Twine
- A Gem of a Challenge - W - #68 Add a Bow
- Pumpkin spice - W - #8 X & Os
- Inspire Me Fridays – Anything Goes always
- Sassy Studio Designs - SIO - #165 Stitch it up