Hello! Today is my day to post on the PumpkinSpice blog.
Last week I posted the 6x6 layout using Echo Park This & That Graceful paper pad from ShopPumpkinSpice. When I was done, my desk was a total mess with the left over stickers, papers, doilies, etc. and I had about an hour before I had to start making dinner. I knew if I put everything away, it would probably be a while before I dug out these gorgeous papers and stickers and put them to use again. So I challenged myself to make as many cards as I could, primarily using the materials on my desk, before I had to start cooking. This is what I came up with.
Card #1 uses one of the sentiment stamps from Love You Mulberry Wood collection available at ShopPumpkinSpice. I used a handy tip that I picked up somewhere. If you have a sticker that you want to make un-sticky, dust the back with cornstarch. (Be sure to tap off the extra and even brush it off with an old brush. Anything else the cornstarch gets on will also become no longer sticky.) I did that on the blue flower so that I could pop it up on dimensionals.
On card #2, I trimmed down the flourish/stem sticker so that it would fit my card. Again I used the corn starch trick and popped up the flower.
I love this hot balloon sticker, especially with the sentiment.
This one is my favorite. I love this sentiment sticker because I used to sing this song to my daughter when she was small (and she still liked my singing). I matted the sticker with a piece of scrap black card stock.
I made all four of these cards in about an hour with the bits and pieces on my desk. It really showed me how versatile stickers can be and how quickly you can make some cards. I think I usually consider stickers as something to use primarily in scrapbooking. ShopPumpkinSpice has a large variety of stickers you can use in your crafting available HERE. Pair them up with some matching papers and you are ready to go to make a stack of cards. (Note that after these 4 cards and my 6x6 scrapbook page, I still have plenty of paper and stickers to play with.)
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!
- Stamps: Love You Mulberry Wood collection from ShopPumpkinSpice
- Inks: Close To My Heart Cranberry
- Papers: Bazzill Kraft Cardstock, Echo Park This & That Graceful 6x6 paper pad
- Embellishments: Echo Park This & That Graceful Element Stickers, misc. doily, twine & pearls
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Provo Craft Seeing Spots embossing folder, Stampin’Up edge punch & photo corner punch
- Party Time Tuesdays - W, 3E (2E anything goes wk) - PTT #105 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door 3E, W - Always Anything Goes!
- Tuesday Alchemy -W- #49 Anything Goes
- Love to Create - 3E - Anything Goes with a Sentiment
- Make it Monday - W - always Anything Goes
- MyGrafico - 2W, SIO - (deadline Feb 10) Anything Goes
- 613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
- he Squirrel & the Fox - 2E, 2W - (1st week) Something New (new stickers and trying something new)
- Simply Create Too - 2W - Week 2, Anything Goes