I am so excited to be part of the Polkadot Door Designs celebration for 2 years on the web. In the spirit of celebration, we are having a blog hop where you'll find lots of prizes and inspiration along the way.
Of course a blog hop for the Polkadot Door wouldn't be complete without an inspiration challenge. They asked some of their favorite friends throughout the world to create a project based on an inspirational photo and join in the hop. (You can see the inspiration photo below.)
For my card, I paired some sweet gingham papers from Simple Stories with this sweet pea baby image from Whimsy & Stars Studio to create a baby card for our neighbors who are expecting a new addition to their family soon.
Looking at the inspiration photo below, I was inspired by the colors and the buttons. Add in some stitching, a doily, & seam binding , and I was able to use some of my favorite crafting items on my card!
You have a chance to play along with us! Use the inspiration we gathered (shown in the photo above), link your entry on this Polkadot Door blog post, and you could win a shop credit to Scrappin Patch.
• You have until May 10th to complete the hop and link up your inspiration challenge entry on the Polkadot Door blog to be eligible for the hop prize!
• If you leave a comment on this Polkadot Door post you are eligible to win a fantastic blog candy from The Polkadot Door! There is vintage song sheet paper, dictionary sheets, chipboard, buttons, ribbon, cardstock, patterned paper and a few surprises too!
For added fun, I am also giving a way blog candy on here, on my stop on the hop. One random winner will win a $6 Gift Certificate to the Whimsy & Stars Studio sh0p!
To qualify all you need to do is leave your information in the linky tool found below. Be sure to leave the name of your favorite Whimsy & Stars Studio image along with your name. (For example: Cheryl (Flower Girl) or Elizabeth (Floaty Girl)) I will post the random winner here on my blog on May 11th. (Entries not including the name of their favorite Whimsy & Stars Studio image will not be able to win the prize).
Hop along with the lovely ladies below and have even more chances to win prizes as well as be inspired to use the inspiration before May 10th.
Cheryl (you are here)
Thank you so much for hopping along with us for our 2nd blogiversary! I am are thrilled to be in the company of these talented ladies and hope you'll find the hop fun and inspirational, as well as motivate you to play along with the inspiration.
Can't wait to see what you all make using the inspiration!
- Stamps: Sweet Pea Baby Pod (digital stamp) by Whimsy & Stars Studio
- Inks: none
- Papers: Neenah Crest solar white CS, Papertrey kraft CS, Bazzill Basics CS, Simple Stories Baby Steps paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Stampin’ Up edge punch, Copic markers, Bow Easy
- Embellishments: Doily, Hug Snug winter white seam binding, Papertrey button twine, misc. buttons & pearls
- Techniques: Paper piecing
- Creative Mondays - 2W - (1st week) Anything Goes
- Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- Paper Playtime - 2W, F, Anything Goes
- Tammy Scrapin Corner - Anything Goes
- Catered Crop - 2W - (1st week) The Letter "B" (Baby, button, bingo)
- Robyn`s Fetish - Cards for New Baby
- Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Use your “green thumbs” … use an image of something planted, OR simply incorporate the color green!
- Crazy 4 Challenges - #C4C134 Paper Piecing
- Crafty Ann's - 2W, SIO - Week 1, Stitching
- Fairy Tale - 2W, 2E - Week 1, Green & Yellow
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
- Poodles Parlour - 2W, 1E, SIO - Week 1, Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments Challenge - 2W - (ends May-08) Anything goes
- Delightful Challenges - 1E, SIO - Paper piecing
- Inky Impressions - SIO - anything goes
- Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
- Whatever you Want Wednesday at Free Pretty Things