I found a little bit of time to craft on Saturday and was inspired by all the wonderful patriotic cards that I saw on the Operation Write Home (OWH) blog hop. I decided to make a card to put in my box to send to OWH.
This cute teddy bear is from the “Sending you Luv” digi stamp set from Whimsy & Stars Studio. I decided to keep my card relatively flat and easy to mail so that it would be easier for the OWH recipient to mail it.
I printed this teddy 3 times. I colored the first one all except for the heart. On the 2nd one, I cut out the heart (outside the edges of the heart), covered it with washi tape and then trimmed it right outside the lines. I also used my thickest embossing stylist on the back side to give it some dimension. On the final copy, I colored his paws, cut them out and layered them on the heart.
Thank you to every one to every one who has served our country. I am thinking of those we have lost and their families today.
Happy Memorial Day! Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Sending you Luv (digital stamp) from Whimsy & Stars Studio
- Inks: None
- Papers: Papertrey white CS
- Tools: Sewing machine, Creative Memories corner rounder punch, Copic markers, Big Shot, Papertrey star dies
- Embellishments: misc. washi tape
- Craft Your Days Away - 2W - 1stW #46 Red White and Blue
- Hotshot Crafts - 3W - Week 1, Die Cuts
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
- Jellypark Challenges - 2W, 2E, SIO – Week 2, Wishi Washi Tape / Office Supplies
- Lily Pad - 2W - Week 1, Stars
- Our Craft Lounge - SIO – Memorial Day
- Southern Girls - 2W, 1E - (ends Jun-06) Die-cut or punch
- The Play Date Cafe - Color Inspiration*
- Just Keep on Creating - F, M - #2 anything goes
- Penny's Paper-Crafty - 2W - #80 Anything goes
- One Stitch At A Time - SIO - Colour Conbo: Red, Blue and White
- Opus Gluei - JFF, 2W - (2nd week) Sew What?! (ends 2nd June)
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- Squigglefly - SIO - CAS (Clean and Simple) NO designer Paper
- Tammy Scrapin Corner - Anything Goes