I’m coming in just under the wire for this week’s Amber Ink Pinny party. Every week, Amber is hosting a Pinny Party (you could also call it a challenge) to make something inspired by a photo you saw on Pinterest. Since I am a Pinterest addict and see lots of things I would like to try, this weekly party is perfect to give me the kick that I need to actually make some of the stuff I pin.
I decided to try my hand at making these cute pocket hand warmers. The photo shows 2 ivory hand warmers and how I packaged them up.
With my fleece hand warmers, I include these instructions. You can just see the corner under the hearts. I think I might print the rest on kraft.
Pocket Hand Warmers
Microwave for up to 25 seconds.
Slip into pockets, gloves or socks
for gentle warmth for up to an hour.
This was a stretch for me. I can sew on card stock but NEVER on fabric of any kind. It took me a few trials to get a new needle install properly and work out the correct stitch length and tension.
Based on some internet research that I did, I read that brown rice retains the heat longer than white rice. Since all I had had my house was brown rice, it worked out perfectly. If you would like them to be scented, I read that you could add a few drops of an essential oil to the rice too. Since I didn’t have any on hand, mine have the plain ol’ rice scent.
I was inspired by this pin.
Once again, I am keeping this post short so that I can get it posted before the end of the party and get started putting up the Christmas tree.
If you are still looking for a Christmas gift for some one, check out Purse Bling. For a discount click on the icon in my right hand tool bar.
Have a great week!
P.S. Don’t forget to stop back tomorrow for the Amber Ink 2nd Annual Holiday blog hop. There are LOTS of prizes to win.
- Fleece, heart template (used at 80%), card board (to make template), brown rice (supposed to keep the heat longer), Sewing machine
- Stamps: None (printed using MS Word)
- Inks: None
- Tools: Big Shot, Papertrey Doily Details die & Holly Jolly die, Spellbinders Nestabilties
- Papers: Papertrey kraft CS all the rest is misc. from my scrap bin
- Embellishments: Misc bakers twine & button & Tuskineko Psst Shimmer spray
- 2 Sisters Challenge – Punches &/or dies
- Annabelle Stamps Challenge – Handmade Christmas gifts
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge – Christmas present
- Catch The Bug – Anything goes
- Come & Get It Challenge – Anything Christmas
- Craft your passion – anything Christmas related
- Creative Friday – Christmas gifts
- Cupcake Inspirations – photo
- For Fun Challenge- Christmas
- Hand stamped Sentiments – Christmas anything but a card
- Just Some Lines – handmade gift
- My Partner in Crafting Crime – create a tag for a Christmas pressie
- Paper Crafting Journey – Anything goes
- Paper Play Challenge – Tags & Packaging
- Raise the bar – Christmas
- Simon Says Stamp – Anything goes
- Speedy the Cat challenge – favorite embellishment (bakers twine)
- Stampin’ Royalty – anything but a card
- That’s Krafty Thursday – kraft (doily die cut is kraft but looks slightly green in photo. Maybe because the of shimmer spray.)
- The Kraft Journal – Christmas
- Whimsy Inspirations Challenge – Anything but a card
- Paper Issues – Holiday Madness