I have a rather lengthy post today but I have lots of information to share with you. All good stuff, I promise!
First I want to share another card that I made using the beautiful image, Felicity, from Whimsy & Stars Studio. (You can see my first card HERE.) I decided to try something a little different and not use the entire image. I know, a lot of you do this all the time, but it is new for me. I love the way it turned out. I’m going to try to remember to do this more often.
This is the entire image. Isn’t she sweet?
Mabelle, the creative genius behind Whimsy & Stars Studio, is giving a way a free image on Facebook to the fans of the Whimsy & Stars Studio page. This adorable image (below) will be available for free download on Facebook November 1 – 3rd (noon Eastern time) and then it will move to her Etsy shop. Hurry on over and download her now! Don’t forget to share your creations with us on the Whimsy & Stars Studio page.
There is also a sale going on at Whimsy Stars & Stamps! Buy 2 digis and get 1 free! This offer is valid until December 10, 2011.
I know this post has been a bit long but I have one more thing to share with you.
Two of my cards where picked as the inspiration for the current recipe challenge at the Catered Crop! I am excited to play along as a guest baker for the current challenge. How do you play along? (I copied the wording right from the Catered Crop blog instead of trying to put it into my own words.)
Playing with us at the Catered Crop "Follow-the-Recipe" linking party is easy as pumpkin pie. Here's how it works:
- Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, etc.) in Cheryl's projects. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.
- Add your project using the InLinkz (froggy) button below and join the party.
- Be sure to list your recipe or tell us what ingredient you used from the sample recipe.
- Don't forget to link back to this post or include the "I Followed the Recipe" button on your blog (see the side bar to the right).
Here's your FTR24 recipe – hold on to your hats because it's a fun one!
- Stamps: girls, banners, farmer, crow
- Colors: pink/burgundy, green; jewel tone fall colors
- Theme: Christmas or Fall
- Inks: Distress Ink, markers
- Papers: stripes and polka dots, kraft
- Tools: sewing machine, die cuts, circle punch
- Embellishments: Fun Flock, seam binding, gemstones, glimmer mists, glitter, jingle bells, lace, buttons, burlap, twine, and cord
To make it even more fun, the Fawn Lawn is the sponsor for this recipe challenge! How can you pass up this challenge?
Thank you for sticking with me through this long post! I hope you have a fabulous day!
- Stamps: Felicity (digital stamp) from Whimsy and Stars Studio, Signature Christmas from Papertrey
- Inks: Distress Inks Old Paper, Close To My Heart Cranberry
- Papers: Neenah Crest solar white CS, Papertrey kraft CS, Stampin’ Up Old Olive CS, Echo Park Season’s Greetings paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Papertrey Pine Boughs die, Papertrey embossing plate, Copic markers
- Embellishments: Marvy Twinklette gold glitter pen, Clear Spica glitter pen, Pssst! Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Sprintz, Papertrey Bakers Twine, misc. lace, buttons, natural bakers twine
- Anything Goes Challenge – stitches
- Catered Crop - FRT24 (I used girls, green, Christmas, markers, stripes, kraft, sewing machine, die cuts, buttons, lace, twine)
- Card Makin' Mamas – Die cuts
- Clear it Out – Favorite holiday (Christmas)(All the trims & buttons were stash)
- Come & Get It challenges – Anything Goes
- Crafty Purple Frog – Sparkle
- Cupcake Craftroom – Sweet Christmas
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best – Anything Goes
- DigiStamps 4 Joy – 2 identical embellies (2 pine boughs)
- Dream Valley – Anything goes
- Gingerloft Challenge – Bingo (Buttons, DP, glitter)
- Hanna & Friends – Glitter
- Inky Impressions – Anything Goes
- Lollipop Crafts – Anything Goes
- One Stitch At A Time – Christmas
- Ooh-La-La creations – Stitching
- Paper Crafting Journey – use a digi
- Paper Play Time – Sentiment + buttons + bows
- Paper Shelter – Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly – anything goes + option of bling
- Polly Craft Challenge – Anything goes
- Raise The Bar – Anything goes
- Ribbon Carousel Challenge – Anything goes
- Really Reasonable Ribbon – Christmas
- Scrapbook Sisters – Anything goes
- Simon Says Stamp – Anything goes
- Stamp with Fun – buttons & twine
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – anything goes
- That’s Krafty Thursday – kraft
- Ribbon Girl – Christmas
- Whimsy Inspirations Challenge – Button it
- Bah Humbug – Die cuts