*** Be sure to check back later today for my Meljen’s Designs DT post ***
I am excited to be a Guest Designer for Shelly’s Images again. We were asked to work with this image, Hen. The timing couldn’t be more perfect since I am going to go to the Wisconsin State Fair with my family later this week. (There is a cream puff as big as my head in the near future!) I’m sure we will see a few hens similar to this while we are there.
This is the first time I used Prismacolor pencils and OMS on Kraft. I’ve seen people around the web doing this and love the results. (If you want to see a master of this technique, check out Dorcas’ blog.) I love Shelly’s images, especially her animals. They all look so realistic but with the shading she includes in the image, they are always easy to color and use. I used an old Sweet Stop Sketch (SSS118) for inspiration.
Please stop by the Shelly’s Images blog to see what her talented designers have made with this image.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Hen by Shelly’s Images
- Inks: None
- Papers & CS: Papertrey kraft & dark chocolate CS, misc. kraft CS, Dutch Mustard from Jillibean Soup DP pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Prismacolor pencils & OMS
- Embellishments: Papertrey button twine, misc button & trim
- 2 Sisters Challenge – On the Farm
- Allsorts Challenge – Free & Easy
- Come & Get It Challenge – Anything Goes
- Cooking it up with Katie – Something old (papers, button, twine) Something new (image), Favorite things/techniques (coloring on kraft – Love when others do it. I have to give it a try)
- Craft Your Passion – Anything Goes
- For Fun Challenge – Anything Goes
- Happileigh Challenge – Anything Goes
- Lil Red Wagon – Put a critter on it
- Little Claire’s – Things with Wings
- Order of Opus Gluei – no words allowed
- Paper Creations Ink – Stitching
- Papertake Weekly – Anything goes
- Ribbon Carousel Challenge – Anything Goes
- Sew Many – Anything Goes
- Speedy The Cat Challenge – Anything other than ribbon
- Stamp & Create – Critters
- Stampin’ Sisters in Christ – Any type of creature
- Sundays with Crissy – Keep it simple stamper
- The Latte Lounge – Anything goes (progressive challenge)
- Truly Scrumptious – Buttons & bows
- Wags N Whiskers – Buttons & Bows
- Woodware USA – Anything goes