Thank you for joining us for the July Whimsy Stamps Digi blog hop. You should have come from Therese’s blog. If not, you might want to start the hop at the beginning so you don’t miss out on anything. If you get lost along the way, the complete blog hop list will be posted on the Whimsy Inspirations blog.
For my card, I used the new image, Water Dance Loon, from StampArt Designs by Kathryne. This is such a great image. It is bold enough to leave it uncolored if you would like. I only colored the water and then sponged the background. At the last minute I decided to use the cracked glass technique. I didn’t use any big embellishments because I wanted to keep it easy to mail.
Your next stop on the hop is the talented, Margreet. Be sure to leave comments at each stop on the hop. A random winner will be picked from two of the blogs on the hop to win a digital image of their choice from the Whimsy Stamps store. The Grand Prize Winner will be chosen from the last stop on the hop to win 5 new digital stamps of their choice from Whimsy Stamps and will get the chance to use their new stamps as a guest designer for the entire month of July.
**Edited** The big Summer Digi Sale is going on at the Whimsy Stamps store right now.
July 1st-31st, ALL digital stamps (excluding custom designs) are 25% off at the Whimsy Stamps store!
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Water Dance Loon by StampArt Designs by Kathryne (available at Whimsy Stamps)
- Inks: Distress Inks Tea Dye & Antique Linen, VersaMark
- Papers: Papertrey kraft CS, Georgia Pacific CS (Teal CS made from white scraps and Copic markers), October Afternoon Campfire
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, heat tool, Copic markers, Tim Holtz Alterations Embossing Folder from Sizzix
- Embellishments: PaperStudios Nail heads (colored with Copics), Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
- Techniques: Cracked Glass (Tutorial can be found here)
Sketch from Stampin’ With The Dragon but I did not use the theme.
- 4 Crafty Chicks – Stitching
- Art Impression Stamps – Distressing
- Corrosive Challenge – Slippery when wet (water in image)
- Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Anything Goes
- Hanna & Friends – Card for a man
- Mami Doodles – heavy metal (used metal nail head embellishments and colored with copics)
- My Mum’s Craft Shop – Something Old (embellies, kraft paper, UTEE) Something New (digi)
- Paper Crafting Journey – Anything Goes
- Paper Pals Arts – show your favorite technique (cracked glass technique)
- Paper Shelter – Anything goes
- Polly Craft Challenge – Water themed
- Stamp N Doodle – Animals/Nature
- Stamp Something – Digi Day
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge - Something Old (embellies, kraft paper, UTEE) Something New (digi)
- The Kraft Journal - Something Old (embellies, kraft paper, UTEE) Something New (digi)
- Truly Scrumptious – Things with wings