Saturday, July 30, 2011

It’s a Garden Party!

Can you believe how quickly this summer is flying by? I can’t believe it is already the end of July. It seems like the kids just got out of school a couple of weeks ago but we are already starting back to school shopping.

The new Sentimental Sundays challenge is “It’s a Garden Party”. This is the perfect time of the summer to enjoy your garden, whether flowers or veggies. We want to remind you to take time to stop and smell the flowers or enjoy the start of the harvest. Please link up your Garden Party themed creations (don’t forget a sentiment) on the Sentimental Sundays blog. Your project does not need to be a card. We love seeing all types of crafting projects as long as it fits the theme and displays a sentiment.

My husband and I are not really into flower gardens. While we love seeing other people’s flowers, neither one of us is very good at flower gardening and really don’t enjoy it at all. Last year, my husband built a raised garden for vegetables. It is funny how that seems different from flowers. He enjoys managing his vegetable garden. This year he planted corn, potatoes, beans, peas (which died), basil, tomatoes, cucumbers, and brussels sprouts. The brussels sprouts were requested by my daughter since she loves them. Can you believe that? Soon we will start harvesting the fruits (or veggies) of his labors. Yum – I can’t wait!

So why did I tell you all this? I wanted you to understand what “garden” means to me. While most of the rest of the DT have projects with flowers, I used this cute Amber Ink girl. To me, she looks like she is getting her vegetable garden ready to plant. I was given this clear stamp set at the end of my term as an Amber Ink torch bearer and was excited to have the chance to ink it up. If you prefer digital stamps, the entire set is also available HERE. Boy, I wish I looked this cute when I’m out sweating in the garden.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you will the Sentimental Sundays team and link up your Garden Party project.

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Grow Green from Amber Ink
  • Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Up Whisper White
  • Papers: Papertrey Kraft CS, Neenah Crest Solar White CS, Stampin’ Up Ruby Red, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety mini deck
  • Tools: Big Shot, Papertrey linen embossing plate, Provo Craft Seeing Spots embossing folder, Copic markers, Spellbinders nestabilities
  • Embellishments: Copic Sepia multiliner, misc. buttons, ribbon, crochet thread, Hero Arts Sparkle gems

Challenges:

35 comments:

Verónicacortesj said...

Hi Cheryl I am admiring your garden project inspiring, I love the theme of the summer heat and the flowers and see how beautiful I love the digi painted. In Chile we are with a very cold winter, thanks for visiting my simple blog, greetings Isa
http://isadesigns.blogspot.com/

Laila said...

What a nice card :o)And very gardenlike papers.
Hugs Laila

remember my candy on http://blog.lolapigen.dk, ends in just a few hours..

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a gorgeous card, I like the image, the design and the fab colours.
Kevin xx

Kathy and Lucky said...

Cheryl, this is wonderful, I don't even know where to start commenting, since I love it all, the image, the dirt, the paper, awesome. No garden here at our house, it has been over 100 for 30 days now and I have dust everywhere! My plants have a died since I can't stay ahead of the heat no matter how much I water them.

Pam said...

Of course you don't have time for a garden. You are too busy making GORGEOUS cards!!! How funny to tell someone that you love their dirt...but I do! I am such a gardener (and I really like your Dhubs;) that this has been one of my favorite AmberInk sets since day 1. You did it proud!!! Everything about it is beautiful.

Linda McClain said...

Cheryl, It's fabulous as always. Enjoy the fruits of your garden - they sound delicious! Thanks for playing with us at Catered Crop.

Kirsty said...

Lovely - I myself used to hate gardening and now I love it -- this card is perfect for a gardener and you have done a beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Crazy Challenge - good luck!

Lionelsa said...

Lovely work. Amazing colors and image.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

Doreen said...

Your card Cheryl is gorgeous I love the image.xxx

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Cheryl! I love, love your take on the gardening theme. That image is so sweet, and your coloring is amazing. Love how you did the ground. Love the sentiment placement, too, and all the beautiful layering. This card has it all. Stunning!

Anita said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Love your coloring, the papers, and layout. Your veggie garden sounds so yummy - nothing like fresh veggies.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow- first off - I'm shocked by the brussel sprouts! I still don't eat them. Never liked them growing up! Good for Liz!

Look at you inking up a stamp!! lol
Great coloring, layout and papers as usual! I love how you colored the dirt too!!! Hope you're having a great Sunday!!!!

Maria

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling image- I really like all of the papers you used- great colors and your coloring is awesome. I hate to say we just planted tomatoes and peppers this year, and the bunnies feasted on the pepper plants- nibbled them down to nothing.....
Shelly

Hafeeza said...

Great card......love the image very summery : ) Tfs

Marlene said...

This is a FABULOUS card, and I am so happy to see you doing more cards with people in them!

Julie said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop’s Challenges
Hugs,
Julie

Jennipher said...

Cheryl, this is so cute and fits the challenge theme perfectly. What fun images to play with.

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Love the use of Cosmo Cricket papers and how it matches perfectly with your digi image with fab coloring applied. Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

Kath - GD
Blog: "Let's Get Scrappy!"

Kerri-Jo Sharp said...

I love this card!!! i love all the colors and how they all go so well together!!! I'm so excited to be your newest follower!!!!

Kerri @ www.razorsharpcrafts.blogspot.com

Sonia said...

Gorgeous Card Cheryl!! ;-)
Good Luck on challenges
Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcakes TMITA this week.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60
DT

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is just wonderful - thank you so much for joining us at Just Some Lines! :)

Karin said...

LOVE your garden card! The papers are so fresh looking and the ground you made is soooo cool!

Debs M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debs M said...

whoops..what i meant to say on my post was...great card, good luck with the vegetable patch! Thanks for joining the ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge’ at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. We hope to see you again next week!
Debbie Dt x

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

great card !! so beautiful !!thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs
tina46
eac-dt

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card and I enjoyed hearing about your garden. Thanks, for joining us in the Paper Cupcakes challenge.

Cards By MI said...

What a fun lovely card you have made. Adorable!
Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Shirl said...

Hi Cheryl such a great card, coloured beautifully. Must say I would rather look at a pretty garden as well.
Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Jenny said...

A lovely card and great image. I love everything about it.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Anne Marie Hile said...

Brussels sprouts are one of my favoite veggies, too! Your daughter has good taste. :) Whata fun card, Cheryl! The colors are so summery and I absolutely love how you created the "dirt". Your cards always have so much awesome detail! :)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Fabulous card, Cheryl! Love the papers ;). Thumbs up for brussel sprouts lol ;)!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Your card is GREAT! Thanks so much for playing along with Hiding My Craft Room challenge!

~Laurie
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Cheryl,
What a great job on this card! I love that gardening set, I wish I looked that cute too!
Thanks for playing with us at Just Some Lines. We look forward to seeing your work again!

Laura JSL DT

juelmarie said...

What an awesome take on our challenge - great work and thanks so much for joining us at Just Some Lines

Crafty Hugs
Juelmarie DT

Sara I. said...

Love, love, love!!! The papers and design are amazing! You rocked the dirt with the dot technique and I just love the gingham thrown in ! Gorgeous card as always Cheryl!!
xx
ps-I would love to look that good while gardening too ;)