We have another fun challenge for you this week at Sentimental Sundays. The new challenge is “Patriotic”. We want you to use the colors of your nation’s flag for your creations. Don’t forget to include a sentiment!
With Independence Day coming up, I wanted to try to make something that celebrated our nation’s history and fit the challenge theme. I thought that this famous quote from John Dickinson, which was a freebie on the Sentimental Sundays blog last year, would be perfect.
I recently purchased the DVD set “Liberty’s Kids” for my daughter. It is a cartoon that I can feel good about her watching because she is learning about the Revolutionary War. We used to watch it on the History Channel when she was younger but I don’t think they show it any longer. She also enjoys going on the Liberty’s Kids website. It is really cute that it has inspired her to start a family newspaper, “The Home Gazette”, and she wants to go visit some of the historical sights from the war for a future family vacation.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: For the Troops by Raindrop Echo Designs (past free set on the Sentimental Sundays blog)
- Inks: Distress Inks Antique Linen
- Papers & CS: Papertrey kraft CS, Stampin’ Up Ruby Red CS, K&co Americana paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilitie Die, Provo Craft Seeing Spots embossing folder, Score Buddy, Martha Stewart edge punch
- Embellishments: Old Paper distress paints, Martha Stewart twill tape, Papertrey bakers twine
- Card Makin’ Mamas – Red, White & Blue
- Cards For Men – Stars
- Craft Us Crazy – Red, White & Blue or Summer
- Daisy Doodles Challenges – Stars & Stripes
- Die Cut Dreams – Red, White & Blue
- Everybody Art Challenge – Anything goes
- Hand Stamped Sentiments – Stars & Stripes
- Pals Paper Arts – Stars
- Paper Crafting Journey – Anything Goes
- Paper Play – Stars & Stripes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge – Red, White, & Blue
- Rainbow Lady – Digi Day
- Scrapbook Sisters – Anything Goes
- Shelly’s Terrifically Thrilling Thursday - Stars & Stripes
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge - Something Old (the digi) something new (the paper won during the OWH blog hop)
- Totally Stampalicious - Something Old (the digi) something new (the paper won during the OWH blog hop)