It's Sunday again and that means it's time for the Sentimental Sundays challenge. This week we are challenging you with a color challenge (see the color sample further down this email). Don't forget to include a sentiment.
I finally bought a small sewing machine so I can try my hand at actual sewing on a card. (All sewing on my cards up to this point has been faux.) This is my first attempt. It looks a little rough but I thought it was okay on a card for a boy. If you have any tips for sewing on a card, especially on how to keep your thread from snapping, please share it in comments. I need your help! Even with the crazy stitching, I still like the way this turned out. These dinosaurs make me smile.
Here are the colors we are challenging you to use. You do not need to use Stampin' Up product, just use similar colors (like I did).I based my card on the Sweet Stop Sketch #91 but the challenge ended before I could get my card posted.
Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to pop by the Sentimental Sundays blog to see what the rest of the DT created. Downloaded the sentiment freebie from Ann from Raindrop Echo Designs while you are there. Don't forget to enter the challenge. We love looking at your entries.
- Stamps: Rex & Bronty Know How to Party & free sentiment from Pink Cat Studios
- Papers & CS: PaperTrey white cs, Georgia Pacific white CS, Stampin' Up Handsome Hunter CS, October Afternoon Campfire & Night Light DP
- Inks: None
- Tools: Sewing machine, EK Sucess edge punch, Big Shot, Provo Craft Seeing Spots & Mesh Texture embossing folders, PaperTrey XL rickrack border, Spellbinders Nestabilities
- Embellishments: PaperTrey Button twine, misc. button, Glossy Accents, Sakura Stardust glitter pen
- AI Factory - anything goes
- Cards for Men - let's party
- Craft Your Passions - button up
- Cutie Sunday - anything goes (cute)
- Digi Doodle Shop Best - anything goes
- My Time To Craft - spots & dots (white piece is embossed with dots)
- One Stitch At A Time - as you like it
- Penny's Challenge - anything goes
- Pixie Dust Studio - button up
- Simply Create - use your punches