Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hi! Lindsay's Stamp Stuff DT Post

** edited - My LSS DT post is a day early. I have been on vacation all week with my family and got my days confused. On Thursday, the rest of the DT will have their posts up at the normal time.

My family and I took a trip to Washington D.C. and then went to visit my aunt and uncle in Virginia. Boy, it was HOT! I don't think I have ever been so hot for so long in my life. My aunt and uncle run a fabulous B&B right on Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. If you are looking for a romantic vacation, you can check it out HERE. There is lots to do and amazingly beautiful scenery.

Now onto my project for this week. (end of edit**) I tried to branch out and make a card in a style a little different than my usual and this is what I came up with. I think it is good to try to get out of your comfort zone once in awhile. I like this card because it used up a lot of scraps and that it can be sent to OWH. It is flat enough to easily mail and is generic enough to be used for men or women. If I was to redo it, I would cut the letters out of chipboard or felt to give it more dimension and texture.



Here is a peek at the entire set.





Thank you for looking! Please stop by the blogs of the rest of the DT to see what they have created. Lindsay will have a little freebie for you on her blog too.



Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
Cindi Hooks
Diane Bove
Jennifer Bliss
Karin Martin
Leanne Garner
Lisa Jurecek
Margie Visnick
Melissa Craig
Micki Harper
Rebekah Doak
Rhonda Walker
Shannon Neparko
Tamara Bennett
Tracey Allen
Tracy Vinson



Challenges:



Supplies:


  • Images: On the Line by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com
  • Papers & CS: Papertrey Inc kraft CS, Georgia Pacific CS, misc. scraps from October Afternoon, misc. brown CS
  • Inks: None
  • Tools: Cricut, All Mixed Up cartridge, Zig Writter chocolate marker
  • Embellishments: None
  • Techniques: Faux stitching

37 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Great card just love everything about it, will have to check back to see what the challenge is. Thank you for joining LTD this week, Hilda will be dropping by as well when she returns xx Zoe

Belinda said...

I love the fun and joyful expression in this card.

Helen said...

Fab card - love the colours!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

cheryl said...

oh love this the image is fab and so love the coulrs on this too,thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxx

Karen B. said...

Great card, love the paper pieced banners!

Joanne Gilch said...

Cheryl, very adorable card. love the distressing and 'stitching'.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Ooooh, I love the banner look! I've been seeing these around lately and I think they are adorable!!! Love your clouds too!
Off to check out the B&B!!
Glad you had a fun vacation :)
Maria

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

of course super cute.. love the new design, can't wait for next week, I know you are having a blast on Vaca! I'll catch you up on all my new JOBS when you get back! lots to share w/ ya

Love crafts forever said...

This project is just adorable. Absolutely gorgeous job. Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always love stitching on cards- I love the banners and the clouds are darling- great card. TFS

Marlene said...

Love the little banners! So cute! Yeah, getting out of one's comfort zone can be kind of intimidating...but it's good every now and then!

Karin said...

The pendant banners are so cute! This is a great card to have in a stash when you need a thinking of you type of card...You're right, nice and universal!

Unknown said...

Awww such wonderful work, so sweet! Thanks for joining OSAAT! Hugs JO xxxx

Tracy Vinson said...

Fabulous card and don't worry about the mix-up....we all deserve a day like that once in a while. Love your choice of DP. Blessings, Tracy--LSSDT

Cindi said...

great card!! love those cute clouds. happy vacation!
:)

Unknown said...

Very cute and simple! I love it! I have been trying to "simplify" my cardmaking lately and I am loving the results! Love the bright colors on your banner!

Leanne said...

Love the banner and the clouds!! Hope you are having a great vacation you deserve it! TFS!

BethieJ said...

Your card is so CUTE!!! Enjoy your vacation!
Thanks for joining us at PIO! Have a GREAT day!

Margie said...

Love this card, so cute!! I love how you carried the faux stitching to the clouds, too!

1CardCreator said...

What a fun and cheery card! I love the way you ran the banner, looks perfect! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Lindsay Weirich said...

Adorable, love it! Enjoy your vacation!

Mrs. Fence said...

I love the kraft paper and banner together. Such a sweet card!

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

That bunting is gorgeous - love it all! - Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Deb x

lalkygirl said...

fab card,love the banner and the stitching looks great ,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
lalkygirl x

Helen Laurence said...

Fabby card, very different I love it! Thanks for playing along this week. Good luck.
Helen & Elle DT x

crafty creations said...

Stunning card

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge - sorry I'm late in visiting - I've been away visiting with family xx Hilda

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card! love the bunting! I've done this on one of my cards and projects for this week coming but no-where as cute as yours! Well done and thanks for taking part in our challenge at Ellephantastic Challenge Blog. Good luck!
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
xx

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Super cute! Love that banner and the faux stitching! Thank you for joining in on the fun over at Ellephantastic.
hugs,
Jane ~ Elle DT

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Congratulations, Cheryl! You made TOP 3 over at Ellephantastic Challenge! Please stop by to see the post.

hugs,
Jane ~ Elle DT

http://ellephantasticchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/07/sew-special-top-3-and-challenge-winner.html

Vanja said...

Stunning card! Fabulous layout.
Thank you for joining us Ellephantastic challenges. :)
Hugs, vanja

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Lovely card! Thanks very much for joining in with our Digi Madness challenge at OSAAT, and good luck! Don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the new challenge too :D

Nana said...

Love this card! The banner is awesome in those colors and scallop edges.
Thank you for joining us at PIO this week!
hugs Nana

Larissa said...

Such a fun card! Love the cute banner and the sweet clouds. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS.

Hugs,
Larissa

Kathy said...

Love the banner, great idea to use up those scraps, too. Very cute CAS card.

Dalis said...

congratulations! You have been picked on of the TOP 3 Scoops for this challenge @ Pile It On!

-- dalis
PIO Owner

Anonymous said...

buy facebook likes
facebook likes

http://www.msstudentlounge.com/Default.aspx?TabId=60&id=767 http://home.fueltracker.com/content/gas-prices-reach-25-month-high-southern-california
1000 facebook likes buy facebook likes 1000 facebook likes
i have kaspersky virus protection 2010 and under "my protection" it says it has detected 20 trojans. I did a full scan which took about 2 and a half hours, and nothing happened. it still says i have 20 trojans. What do i do to get rid of them?

facebook likes 1000 facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]get facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes

Anonymous said...

buy accutane online no prescription accutane 40 mg online pharmacy - is it legal to buy accutane online