My family and I took a trip to Washington D.C. and then went to visit my aunt and uncle in Virginia. Boy, it was HOT! I don't think I have ever been so hot for so long in my life. My aunt and uncle run a fabulous B&B right on Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. If you are looking for a romantic vacation, you can check it out HERE. There is lots to do and amazingly beautiful scenery.
Now onto my project for this week. (end of edit**) I tried to branch out and make a card in a style a little different than my usual and this is what I came up with. I think it is good to try to get out of your comfort zone once in awhile. I like this card because it used up a lot of scraps and that it can be sent to OWH. It is flat enough to easily mail and is generic enough to be used for men or women. If I was to redo it, I would cut the letters out of chipboard or felt to give it more dimension and texture.
Here is a peek at the entire set.
Thank you for looking! Please stop by the blogs of the rest of the DT to see what they have created. Lindsay will have a little freebie for you on her blog too.
Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
- Dare U 2 Digistamp - stitching
- Digi Doodle Shop Best - use up scraps
- Ellephantastic - Sewing
- Lexi's Creations - Stitching
- Lots To Do - Stitches
- One Stitch At A Time - Digi madness
- Paper Romance - Stitch It Up
- Pile It On - Banners
- The Pink Elephant - TPE76 Brown
- Stamp & Create - Stitching
- Stamp Something - Something Digital
- Images: On the Line by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com
- Papers & CS: Papertrey Inc kraft CS, Georgia Pacific CS, misc. scraps from October Afternoon, misc. brown CS
- Inks: None
- Tools: Cricut, All Mixed Up cartridge, Zig Writter chocolate marker
- Embellishments: None
- Techniques: Faux stitching