Okay, I'm gonna lay out on the table before I get too far into this post. I don't know what happened, but I think I went a little nuts with my distressing tool and sanding block on this card. I was trying to make a nice masculine looking Valentine's day card for my DH and went a little crazy. I didn't like any of my BG stamps or embossing folders for the green piece so I just CRUMBLED IT UP. Yep, I admit it. I balled up this lovely green paper as tight as I could. Then, guess what, I smoothed it out and balled it up again, again, and again.... Then I sanded it... This poor lovely green paper.... But, I think it looks kind of cool. It was a stinker to get to stick though. My tape just didn't want to hold it.
Challenges for this card:
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #37 Digi Coloring
Digital-ink-co - Love
Digital Tuesday - It's all about the animals
Everybody Art Challenge - Valentine
Hand Full of Stamps - #16 Open the fun
Paper Popsicles - Animals
Pile It On - The One I Love
Simon Says Stamp -Love
Sweet Sunday Sketch #55
You can find a complete list of participants for the mygrafico customer blog hop HERE.
Also, Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico has all her holiday (Christmas, Halloween, Valentines) stamps on sale through the end of the day. You might want to get over there and take advantage of the discounts.
I hope you all have a very Happy Valentine's Day.
- STAMPS: Pretty Primative digital stamp set by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff on mygrafico.com
- PAPERS & CS: That's Amore paper pack by Close To My Heart, misc. dark brown textured paper, image printed on Georgia Pacific white CS, card base Stampin' Up white CS, misc. red textured paper
- INKS: Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa (sponging) and Close To My Heart Garden Green (for leaves)
- EMBELLISHMENTS & TOOLS: Stampin' Up Creamy Carmel, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa and So Saffron markers, Spellbinders Nestabilities, brads, Close To My Heart edge distressing tool and sanding block.
- NOTES: Sentiment was computer generated using MS Word