I saw this project on Pinterest and decided to make ornaments using my dogs paw prints for our tree.
Here is my results:
My ornaments did not turn out quite as well as the ones here, but I still like them. It is especially timely since we lost one of our dogs shortly after this.
Some things I learned doing this project:
- My dogs do not like their feet touched (already knew that) and especially do not like getting their paws pressed into clay.
- My dogs have toe nails. Said toe nails sink into the clay and leave funny marks for you to either to try to smooth out or ignore.
- Do not clean your dogs feet with white paper towel before pressing them into black clay. It leaves white lint in clay.
- Learn to live with toe nail and lint issues because trying to start over with step 1 just was not worth the doggy drama. Once they are on the tree, they’ll look just fine.
- A glass of wine is very good after a project like this.
If you like this project, don’t be discourage by my experience. Stop by the Sew Doggy Style to see her ornament and read her instructions.
To enter my blog candy give away, click on the photo below!