June always seems like a busy month. Although I don’t know anyone graduating this year, I do have some friends and family that are celebrating important life events. Of course, when you are a card marker and know someone with a big event in their lives, you just have to make them a card!
So my goal for myself over the weekend was to make 2 congratulations cards and to try to use up some of my “scraps”. I ended up using the same design for both cards, with some little differences.
This first card is for my friend, and Jazzercise buddy, Joy. She is retiring from teaching after the end of the school year. (Joy taught health to middle schoolers. I think she might be a saint!) Besides a card, we definitely need a Wii-tini party or Girls Night Out to celebrate!
The second card is for my cousin who recently got engaged. Although we are be able to attend the party, I wanted to send a card to let him know how happy we are for them. Since this card was for an engagement, I switched out the flowers with some hearts. (Engagement, love, hearts…you know.)
Here is a look at them side by side. Like I said, they are VERY similar but not the same.
I also have a song to share for Music Saves My Soul. I’m not sure if Marcea is still hosting the weekly party, but you can drop by her blog on Saturday to see if she has a linky set up. I heard this song on the radio a couple of weeks ago and have been humming it every since.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend! It is supposed to be warm, humid, and, well, summery, here this weekend.
- Stamps: Communique Curves Sentiments from Papertrey Ink
- Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Ink Tea Dye
- Papers: Papertrey kraft CS, My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose Gertie & Hazel paper pads
- Tools: Stampin’ Up edge punch & circle punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly, foliage, & 1” circle punch, Sweet n Sassy Heart dies, EK Success flower punch, Sewing machine
- Embellishments: May Art burlap twine, Paper Studios gem stones & pearls, misc. buttons
- Paper Play - 2E - Back to kraft basics
- Pixie Dust Studio - SIO - Use 3 or more patterned papers
- Freshly Brewed - JFF, 5E - pop it
- Just Keep on Creating - F, M - #2 anything goes
- Paper Pretties - SIO -PPC209 favorite color combo (the 2nd card, pink, aqua, & kraft)
- Whimsy Inspiration - 3E, SIO - #42 things with wings
- Scrap It Girl - M, 2E, P1 – Punches
- Through the Craftroom Door - P1/15, 3E – Distressing
- Unique Crafters Challenge - M, P1, 3E - June challenge: Buttons
- Creatalicious Challenges - M, P15 - Bingo* (buttons, butterflies, at least 3 punches)
- LEJ Designs SIO - #5 Button It
- Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
- Crafty Boots - 2W, SIO - (2nd week) Anything Goes
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- The Cutie Pie Challenge - 2W, cards - (2nd week) Die Cuts/Punches
- There's Magic in the Air - 2W, SIO - (2nd week) BINGO* (ends 10th June) (Punches, flowers, circles)
- Gingerloft - 2W - (2nd week) Circles
- Great Impressions - M, 3E, SIO - (June) Die Cuts and/or Punches
- Catch The Bug - 3E, SIO - Anything Goes
- Speedy and Friends -#110 Use Buttons