I just have a quick card to share with you today. It is my daughter's fencing coach’s birthday and I wanted to make him card with a fencing image. Well, let me tell you, that is much easier said than done. I couldn’t find any digital stamps so I looked for clip art. I didn’t really feel inspired by any of the free domain clip art I could find. I finally settled on using a free SVG file that I found.
I had a really hard time putting this card together and I’m not really satisfied, but I’m out of time so I had to go with it. IRL the button more closely matches the color of the polka dot paper. There is a simply “Happy Birthday” message on the inside.
When I first showed the card to my hubby, he said, that fencer had terrible form. True, but I have to work with what was available. Here is a look at a proper fencing lunge.
Thanks for stopping by! I have to finish messing around on-line and get my card in the envelope. Have a great weekend!
- Stamps: None
- Inks: None
- Papers: Papertrey kraft CS, Paper Studio black CS, Echo Park Times & Seasons DP pad
- Tools: Sewing Machine, Circuit, Sure Cuts A lot Software, Martha Stewart edge punch
- Embellishments: Black jute ribbon, black burlap twine, misc. button
- SVG file: Fencer 1 from Clker.com
- Techniques: Custom rub ons (Tutorial HERE)
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - 3E, 2W - Week 2, For the Boys
- Crafty Catz - 1E – Male
- Fairy Tale - 2W, 2E - Week 1, Boys & Men
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
- Stampin With The Dragon - 2W, SIO – Birthdays & Boys (see blog)
- Aud Sentiments Challenge - 2W - (ends Jun-05) Any sentiment
- DRS Designs - 1E, SIO – Masculine
- Shelly's Images - SIO - Use a number
- Twisted Thursday - up to 50% alchohol inks allowed - Anything goes w. twist of sports
- Just Keep on Creating - F, M - #2 anything goe
- Penny's Paper-Crafty - 2W - #80 Anything goes
- Simon Says Stamp - Father's Day/special man (special man = my dd’s fencing coach)
- Top Tip Tuesday - 2W, 3E - #77 Dig out the old (use something older than 6 months & name it (Week 1) (the ribbon/fibers have been sitting unused in my stash for about a year)
- Creative Mondays - 2W - (2nd week) Stitching
- Karens Doodles - 1E, SIO - (1st week) Stitch It Up
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- Robyn`s Fetish - Anything Goes
- 2 Sisters - #93 Bring on the boys
- Little Claire's - M, 3E, SIO - #21 Male theme
- One Stop Craft - #184 For the Boys