I hope your weekend is going well! Our challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays is “Anything goes with a sentiment”. How easy is that? I love it because it gave me the chance to use one of my new Lili of the Valley stamps. I finally splurge and ordered a few. I say “splurged” because I hate paying shipping. I couldn’t find a store in the US that carries them so I had to pay for over seas shipping. Oh well, they are so cute they were well worth it.
I enjoyed coloring up these little guys. I tried a new technique to make the sky background. It was so easy and I love the way it worked out. I would share the link to the tutorial but I can’t find it. I thought I had it saved on one of my Pinterest boards, but….. (If anyone recognizes the technique using copic refills and qtips, let me know so I can give proper credit.) On a good note, I can share the link to the tutorial for the flowers HERE.
Before I forget, I used an old Lili of the Valley sketch found HERE.
These little bears remind me of summer days with my friends when I was a kid. We never were able to toss each other up in the air like this but we would put a stuffed animal on a blanket and toss it around. We tried to get it as high in the air as we could with out dropping it when it came down. Did you have “parachutes” at school? It was one of my favorite things. We would all hold and edge of the parachute and a bunch of balls were put on it. We would “pop corn” and try to keep all the balls on it. What simple fun!
While you are here, don’t forget to check out my blog candy on this post.
I hope you will join in the Sentimental Sundays “Anything Goes with a Sentiment” challenge for your chance to win your choice of 4 digital sentiment sets from Raindrop Echo Designs. Stop by the Sentimental Sundays blog to see the rest of the inspiration from the DT and pick up your free digital sentiment set for the week.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Birthday Bumps from Lili of the Valley, Party Mini Letter Seals by Raindrop Echo Designs on Whimsy Stamps
- Inks: Close to My Heart chocolate ink
- Papers: Papertrey kraft & dark chocolate CS, Neenah Solar Crest CS, My Mind’s Eye Lime Twist Life of the Party paper pad, misc. green scrap CS
- Tools: Sewing Machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Stampin’ Up circle punch, Copic markers
- Embellishments: Stickles
- Tutorial for flowers can be found here
- Lili of the Valley Challenge – celebrate
- 4 Crafty Chicks – Stitching
- Catered Crop – recipe – I used orange & green & polka dots
- Catch the Bug – Anything goes
- Creative Stamp Friends – dots
- Cupcake Craftroom – Polka dots
- Digi Design House – Handmade Flowers
- Digi Doodle Shop’s Best – anything goes
- Divas by Design – Die Cuts & punches
- Forever Friends – Birthday
- Hooked on Crafts – Flowers (handmade flowers)
- Lollipop Crafts – Anything goes
- My Mum’s Craft Shop – Something old (sentiment stamp), Something new (image, papers, techniques)
- Ooh-La-La creations– Flowers
- Paper Crafting journey – Anything goes
- Pear Tree Designs – Stamp Something (no digis)
- Pile It On – Circles
- Scrapbook Sisters – Summer fun
- Stamp & Create – Summer
- Stampavie – more than 3 layers
- The Kraft journal - Something old (sentiment stamp), Something new (image, papers, techniques)
- Top Tip Challenge – T is for…. Teddy Bears