Happy May 1st! Now that it is May, I sure hope that it means spring is on the way!
Also, being the first of the month, means it is time for the new digital stamp release and blog hop for Whimsy Stamps. You should have arrived here from Debbie’s blog. If you stumbled upon the hop and would like to join in, start at Whimsy Inspirations Blog. Be sure to leave comments along the way since some of the designers are be hosting a give-away.
This month there are a lot of new, fun images and there is even a new digi stamp designer, Moon Cookie Galley, that is making her preview. Hop along with us to see all the wonderful new digital images.
For my project, I made a birthday card using the new Courageous Carl digital image from Crissy’s Digis. Isn’t he cute? I really enjoyed coloring his fabulous mane. I added a birthday sentiment from the Party Mini Seals (rubber) set from Raindrop Echo Designs that was released in April. I think Carl would also be perfect for Mother’s Day, Valentines, I’m Sorry, and Thank You cards just to name a few.
Now for the announcement - The digi stamps created to raise money for the disaster relief in Japan will be on sale for 50% off for one week, May 1st thru 7th. All proceeds will go to the American Red Cross disaster relief. You can purchase the stamps or find more info on the funds raised to date at the Help For Japan page in the Whimsy Store.
Thank you for hopping by!
- Stamps: Courageous Carl by Crissy’s Digis and Party Mini Seals by Raindrop Echo Designs (Both available on Whimsy Stamps)
- Inks: Close To My Heart Twilight ink
- Papers & CS: Papertrey kraft CS, Neenah Solar Crest white CS, Stampin’ Up So Saffron CS, My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose Hattie paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Stampin’ Up 1-1/4” circle punch, Creative Memories 1-1/2” circle punch, small circle punch, Big Shot, ProvoCraft Seeing Spots embossing folder, Copic markers
- Embellishments: Misc. dew drops, hemp, Close To My Heart Stardust Glitter gel
- Sketch For You To Try – SFYTT April 2010
- AI Factory challenge – Anything Goes
- Alphabet Challenge - Z=zoo animals
- Art Impression Stamps – you Animal
- Craft your Passion – Layers
- Crafts 4 Eternity – Anything goes
- Creative Friday – Open challenge
- Digi Doodle Shop Best – Anything Goes
- Ellephantastic – Birthday/Party
- House of Gilli – Layers & Stitching
- Iris’ Spot – Anything Goes
- Moving Along With The Times – anything goes
- One Stop Craft Challenge – in Stitches
- Paper Cutz – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesday – Anything goes
- Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes
- Top Tip Challenge – Square card