I have to admit that I really like this one. I paper pieced the poinsettia from Lindsay's Nature's Christmas set. I did it in 4 layers (1 green for leaves, 2 red for large petals, 1 red for small petals) but you could do it in less. I used my stylus on the back of the leaves to give them some shape and dimension. I used my Copic markers to darken the shading a bit. Lastly, my clear glitter pen was used on the edges and lines for a little sparkle. I kept the lay out simple so as not to detract from this gorgeous image.
Please visit the rest of the DT to see their creations this week and pop over to Lindsay's blog for her weekly freebie.
Lindsay Weirich (Owner & Stamp Designer)
Thank you for looking!
- Images: Nature's Christmas digital stamp set from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff (mygrafico.com), Tree Trimming Trio from PaperTrey
- Papers & CS: Georgia Pacific CS, My Mind's Eye O Christmas Tree DP pack
- Inks: Close To My Heart Chocolate
- Tools: Stampin' Up edge punch, stylus, copic markers
- Embellishments: Sakura clear stardust glitter & gold glitter pens, Cream Hug Snug seam binding