Feel free to use the digital sentiments provided, but you don't have to. You can choose to use any stamps you have in your stash, or stickers, rub ons, whatever you like! The only requirement is to follow the theme and use a sentiment on your new project. How easy is that? I hope you will join us.
I decided to alter a little notebook that I purchased from PaperTrey and to use both ribbons and lace on my project. I tried my hand at making crinkled ribbon. I purchased some Hug Snug seam binding on Etsy. I misted a piece of it lightly with rubbing alcohol. I then used 3 different copic markers in 3 different but similar colors to color the ribbon. It doesn't need to be perfect as long as it is mostly covered. I then put it in a plastic baggie and spritzed it a little more with the alcohol and smushed it all around until the ribbon was completely colored. (By using the 3 colors, it gives the ribbon a slightly varigated color that looks really pretty IRL.) I then spritz in some Pearl Glimmer Mist to give it some shimmer. I pushed all the ribbon down into a corner of the baggie, twisted it up, and let it sit over night. The next morning I dumped it out of the baggie onto a paper towel and let it finish drying. Ta da - custom crinkle ribbon. The hardest part for me is the planning so that I have drying time. If you don't use the Glimmer Mist, the alcohol inks dry pretty quickly.
To add a little extra ribbon to my project, I threaded some thin silk ribbon from PaperTrey through the buttons. So what do you think?
Thank you for stopping by today. Please stop by the Sentimental Sundays blog to link up your "Ribbon or Lace" project for your chance to win.
- 2 Sisters Challenge - Stitching
- Creative Card Crew - Cute & Girly
- Cupcake Craft Challenge - Lace
- Ellephantastic - Shabby Chic
- Raise the Bar - ABC (anything but a card, blue striped paper, crinkle ribbon)
- Scrappy Frogs - Stitching
- Sew Many Challenges - Stitching
- Wild Orchid - One for the Girls
- Images: Take Note from PTI
- Papers & CS: PTI kraft CS, October Afternoon Thrift Shop, GP white CS
- Inks: CTMH Chocolate, Juniper, Blush inks
- Tools: Paper piercing tool, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Big Shot
- Embellishments: Paper Trey silk ribbon, misc. buttons & lace, Hug Snug seam binding (colored with Copics), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist pearl, Zig chocolate marker