I wanted to find a way to use glitter where it would not get all over. I cut "Sweet" out of Stampin' Up Real Red CS using my Cricut and added multiple layers of UTEE. On the 2nd to last layer, while the UTEE was still melted, I poured red glitter on it. I sealed with an additional coat of UTEE so that the glitter would not come off. I love the way it turned out. It looks great in real life (better than the picture). To add a little extra sparkle, I used Stickles on the image and the scalloped mat.
I hope you will join us for our Sparkle, Glitter & Bling challenge for your chance to win some Meljen's Designs images. Visit the blog to see more inspiration from the Design Team.
Do you want more opportunities to win Meljen's Designs images? Check out all the challenges Melissa is sponsoring on the Meljen's Designs Challenge blog. You can also pick up the freebie from Monday there.
Thank you for looking!
Challenges for this card:
- Aly's Sunday Challenge - Sewing
- Annabelle Stamps - Say it with Ribbon
- By the Cute & Girly - Something Old (recycled button), Something New (image), something Borrowed (sketch), Something Blue (BG paper)
- Clearly Delightful Monthly challenge - CDBD6 sketch
- Copic Creations - Animals
- Crafty Ann's - Use the colors of your flag (Red, white & blue)
- Crafter's Digital Art Center - Anything goes with a digi
- Cupcake Craft Challenge - Dazzle us
- Dare U 2 Digi Stamp - Red, White & Blue
- Etsy Inspired - #91 howbeadyful - My inspiration is HERE
- Incy Wincy - Paper Piecing (on the cupcake wrapper)
- Stamp Something - Use a digi
- Images: Cupcake Mouse by Meljen's Designs
- Papers & CS: PaperTrey Inc kraft & white CS, October Afternoon Fly a Kite & Thrift Shop, Georgia Pacific CS, Stampin' Up Real Red CS
- Inks: None
- Tools & Embellishments: Copic & Prismacolor markers, Tiara Glitz Stickles, old button, Close To My Heart ribbon, DMC floss, UTEE, Martha Stewart red glitter, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Cricut & George cartridge, Stampin' Up marker
- Techniques: Paper Piecing, Faux Stitching