Can you believe it is the beginning of October? Where has the time gone? This year is just flying by.
Talking about time flying by, it’s already time for a new recipe swap at the Catered Crop. For this swap Linda is asking us to use canning jars in our creations. How fun! Canning jars are so popular in crafting right now. Since it is the start of October, I decided to give my “canning jar” project a Halloween feel.
I was happy to have the chance to pull out some new goodies that I recently bought from Papertrey Ink that were just perfect for the challenge. Then, I realized that although I bought a couple of sets of Friendship Jar fillers and the die, I didn’t order the actual Friendship Jar stamp set. So I had to improvise. I used the die to cut a jar from vellum and another one from thin transparency film. I stitched them together almost 3/4 of the way around the jar and then slipped in some googly eyes that I had stashed away. The jar lid and stars are cut from Starbucks coffee sleeves.
When I was digging through my buttons for the card, I found my jar of plastic spiders. (Who doesn’t have a jar of plastic spiders on their crafting desk? ) I thought the spider was the perfect finishing touch. I have to admit I was sorely tempted to strategically place a few around the house to see if I could surprise my family. I skipped it because the last time I tried something like that my daughter turned the joke around on me. I almost jumped out of my skin when I pulled back the covers on my bed and found a spider. Thank goodness it was one of the plastic ones.
Any how…. Back to the recipe swap. Linda curated a Pinterest board to help give us some inspiration. You can click on the photo below to be taken to her Pinterest board: Canning Jars
I hope you are inspired to join the Canning Jar Recipe Swap. Be sure to stop by the Catered Crop to link your project.
Thank you for looking! Have a great day!
- Stamps: Friendship Jar Fall Fillers from Papertrey Ink
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up Basic Black, Close To My Heart Smokey Plum
- Paper: Papertrey Ink kraft CS, Paper Studio black CS, Cosmo Cricket Haunted DP, Stampin’ Up vellum, transparency
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Papertrey Friendship Jar die, Die Namics stacking stars dies
- Embellishments: misc. googly eyes, plastic spider, buttons, Devine Twine baker’s twine, black hemp twine, ribbons, Starbucks coffee sleeve
- 613 Avenue Create - W - Challenge #39: Anything Goes
- Challenges 4 Everybody - 2W, 3E - (1st week) Challenge #30: Anything Goes
- Lacy Sunshine - 2W, 3E, SIO, Challenge #18 Digi available. (1st week) - Stitching-real or faux.
- Opus Gluei - JFF, 2W - (2nd week) Challenge #166 - Boo!!!
- 2 Sisters - W - #163 Anything Goes
- Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - W, 3E – No. 143 -Anything Goes
- Inspire Me Fridays– W - No. 122 - Anything Goes!
- Sister Act Card Challenge - W, Cards. - No. 26 - Anything Goes
- DRS Designs - W, 1E, SIO, - #89 So Spooky it's Scary
- Crafter's Cafe - F, 3E - #30 Diecuts/Punches
- Paper Shelter Challenge -3E, SIO - #130 Stitching-faux or real
- Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
- Make it Monday - W - always Anything Goes
- Card Mania - 2W, 3E - (2nd week) Use at least 1 Button
- Created With Love Challenges - W, 3E – Halloween