Friday, February 15, 2013

Pumpkin Spice - Birthday Wishes

While scrolling through the Pumpkin Spice shop, I noticed the great prices on the Christmas/Winter themed paper pads.    The fun colors and patterns on so many of the pages could be used for just about anything.   So I pulled out the “12 Days of Christmas” paper pad from My Mind’s Eye and set to work trying to make some cards.

 

 

2013-02-15 PSS Birthday Wishes WM

 

Since I never have enough birthday cards on hand, I thought that was what I would try first.  I started by punching out butterflies from several of the many patterns in the pad.    From there, I moved them around my card until I had an arrangement that I liked, added some stitching and stickers, and, “Ta Da!”, a birthday card!

 

Since I also need a congratulations card for a friend , I thought I would see what I could make with the same paper pad.   I really love how this card turned out.

 

2013-02-15 PSS Happy 4 U WM

(In real life, the glitter on the “U” is more similar to the aqua color in the paper.)

 

So what do you think?   You can make some fabulous, non-holiday cards using holiday themed papers.   In fact, you can purchase the 6x6 paper pad I used, My Mind’s Eye “12 Days of Christmas”, for only $3.35 at Pumpkin Spice.     Also check out My Mind’s Eye “Winter Wonderland”, which is also only $3.35.    I have it sitting on my desk right now because I love all the cute striped and polka dot papers.

While you are there, check out all the Christmas themed items HERE and the Winter themed items HERE.  If you are already starting on your Christmas cards for 2013, you can pick up some stickers, chipboard and other items that coordinate with the papers so you can make some easy and cute cards.

Did you get the Pumpkin Spice Newsletter yesterday?   If not, sign up HERE so you don’t miss out on any sales, news, or inspiration.

 

Thank you for stopping by!

 

 

Birthday Wishes

 

Happy 4 U

Challenges:

32 comments:

Sue said...

Such beautiful cards Cheryl. I love the designs and the colours are wonderful.
Sue xx

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Cheryl! These are two outstanding cards!!!!

I really have to try the sewing technique you did on the butterflies! I love the look and have seen it around blogland but am a little scared! LOL

And I love the diagonals on the second card!!! ALong with the stitching!!!

So great!!!!!!

Pam said...

Both cards are just beautiful!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Audrey Pettit said...

Your cards are absolutely adorable, Cheryl, and you would never know those were Christmas papers! Great job!

Anita said...

Both are so pretty Cheryl. Especially love the butterflies with that great stitching!

Rene said...

This is beautiful!!! Love love LOVE it! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
Rene :D

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!! I love, love the butterflies and how you stitched them on!! The colors are fabulous!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Sonia said...

Wonderful cards my dearest friend^_^
Have a sweet weekend^_^
Sonia

Lisa xx said...

well, we wanted butterfly's and thats what we got! such a pretty card Cheryl.

Thank you for joining in with the forever friends monthly challenge

Hazel said...

Another super card. Thanks once again for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

cheryl said...

oh gosh,these are brilliant hun just love,the layouts,and designs amazing hugs Cherylxxxxx

1CardCreator said...

Both of these are gorgeous, I am especially fond of your butterflies too! ~Diane

Jennifer said...

Cheryl, these stitched butterflies are stunning! Love the way you've arranged them! Plus that birthday card is super cool!

Nonni said...

These are both amazing but I love the one with butterflies -really impressive! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful cards, and the papers are just lovely Cheryl! hugs, Kimberly

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Thank you for joining us at OSAAT with this fab design. Jennie DT

Leslie Hanna said...

Love this card! And I agree - it's great when seasonal papers work all year long. Great job!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Anne Fenton said...

Love both your card...thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week.

Tracy said...

Wonderful cards! I really like the stitching on both cards. They're both so effective and add lots of interest. Hugs!

whoistracy said...

Cute!!! I never think to use my Xmas paper for anything other than Xmas cards. I should really try to multi-task like this.

Davi said...

Fab cards Cheryl, love how you stitched down the butterflies and the fun layers on the second one. The prints are perfect, sure wouldnt know they are Christmas!

Missy said...

Very pretty cards Cheryl, I love the stitching and the dimension on the butterfly one!!

Miss Emerald said...

Beautiful card! I love stitching butterflies and colours. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both cards are lovely Cheryl and have worked out fabulously. I saw you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Diane Louise J said...

Oh your cards are so beautiful and your butterfly card is absolutely perfect for the monthly challenge at Forever Friends. Good luck in the draw and we hope to see you again for our next challenge.
Diane x

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely job on your card and I just adore you butterflies and the papers you used. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Keti's Projects said...

Beautiful card. I love the paper pad you used. And idea with a stitched butterflies. Love it.

Due to my illness I'm a little behind on my crafting and visiting this week. But anyway, here am I, stopping by from MIM. My project this week is 241.

Thanks for inspiration.

K.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Two beautiful cards Cheryl! I love the butterflies sewn down the center! And the 2nd card- the stitching is awesome!

Karin said...

Great card designs and a wonderful way to show off coordinating papers!

SusanLotus said...

These cards are awesome! I love the quilt-effect!

Joan V said...

Absolutely love this card. thanks for sharing.

Bettina L. said...

I absolutely love your butterfly card, how the wings look ready to fly off the paper and such great detail with sewing. Thanks for the christmas DP tip as well. Thanks for playing at Forever Friends monthly challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back 1st of March for a new challenge. Bettina xx