While scrolling through the Pumpkin Spice shop, I noticed the great prices on the Christmas/Winter themed paper pads. The fun colors and patterns on so many of the pages could be used for just about anything. So I pulled out the “12 Days of Christmas” paper pad from My Mind’s Eye and set to work trying to make some cards.
Since I never have enough birthday cards on hand, I thought that was what I would try first. I started by punching out butterflies from several of the many patterns in the pad. From there, I moved them around my card until I had an arrangement that I liked, added some stitching and stickers, and, “Ta Da!”, a birthday card!
Since I also need a congratulations card for a friend , I thought I would see what I could make with the same paper pad. I really love how this card turned out.
(In real life, the glitter on the “U” is more similar to the aqua color in the paper.)
So what do you think? You can make some fabulous, non-holiday cards using holiday themed papers. In fact, you can purchase the 6x6 paper pad I used, My Mind’s Eye “12 Days of Christmas”, for only $3.35 at Pumpkin Spice. Also check out My Mind’s Eye “Winter Wonderland”, which is also only $3.35. I have it sitting on my desk right now because I love all the cute striped and polka dot papers.
While you are there, check out all the Christmas themed items HERE and the Winter themed items HERE. If you are already starting on your Christmas cards for 2013, you can pick up some stickers, chipboard and other items that coordinate with the papers so you can make some easy and cute cards.
Did you get the Pumpkin Spice Newsletter yesterday? If not, sign up HERE so you don’t miss out on any sales, news, or inspiration.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Papers: Bazzill kraft & red CS, My Mind’s Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6x6 paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Fiskar’s edge punch
- Embellishments: October Afternoon Sticky Keys & Mini Market alphabet stickers
Happy 4 U
- Papers: Bazzill kraft CS, My Mind’s Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6x6 paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Tim Holtz embossing folder, Papertrey Block Alphabet Numbers die, Papertrey Wonderful Words die
- Embellishments: Starbucks coffee sleeve, misc. blue glitter, gemstones, Thickers alphabet stickers
- Forever Friends - M - (February) Animals &/or Butterflys &/or Birds
- Party Time Tuesdays - W, 3E (2E anything goes wk) - PTT #107 3 and 3 (use 3 of something &/or #3) (3 dp’s on Happy 4 U card)
- Shopping Our Stash - W, C13 - #89 They Say It's Your Birthday
- Through The Craft Room Door 3E, W - Always Anything Goes!
- Tuesday Throwdown -W- #134 Anything Goes
- Crafty Bloggers Network - M, SIO - (Feb) Anything Goes
- Make it Monday - W - always Anything Goes
- The Crazy Challenge - 2W, 4E - (2nd week) Birthday
- One Stitch At A Time - SIO - Anything Goes
- Charisma Cardz - 3E, C10 - #6 Anything Goes