A couple of weeks ago I was showing off my Zutter Bind It All to my mother in-law and mentioned that I used it to make a password book for my daughter. Since she seemed to like that idea, I decided to make a password book/keeper to give to her for Mother’s Day.
When I sat down to make the book, I was really stuck on how to design the cover. I decided to CASE my own project and set to work.
I have to admit that designing the pages and getting them formatted to print properly was the hardest part. I had to mess around in Word quite a bit before I got it to work. I did notice that several sites offered pre-designed templates for a password book, but they were all 8-1/2 X 11 and I wanted a smaller book.
I was able to use some recycled items in making this book too. Both covers were cut from cereal boxes and then covered with paper. On the cover, I went to my old stand-by for some texture and die cut some shapes from a Starbucks coffee sleeve. I was also happy to use some paper, my favorite from Close To My Heart, that I have been hording for ages.
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!
- Stamps: None
- Inks: None
- Papers: Bazzill Basics Pinecone CS, misc. printer paper, Close To My Heart Perfect Day DP pack
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Papertrey Doily Details & Journal Tabs die, Clear Dollar Stamps Designer Label dies, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Sweet N Sassy heart dies, Martha Stewart butterfly punches
- Embellishments: May Arts burlap twine, misc. buttons, Jillbean Soup kraft mini brown alpha stickers
- Other: Cardboard from cereal box, Starbucks coffee sleeve, Zutter wire
- Crafts and Me - #83 punches and diecuts
- Just Keep on Creating - F, M - #2 anything goes
- Paper Shelter Challenge - 3E, SIO - #63 anything goes
- Waste Not Wednesday - JFF - always "use your forgotten stuff" (papers, buttons, twine)
- LEJ Designs SIO - #2 Things With Wings
- Oldie But Goodie Challenge - 2W, must use something at least 6mts old & state what it is- Die Cuts & Punches week 2 (papers, buttons, twine)
- Shopping Our Stash - C13 - #51 Use 3 or more Designer Papers
- Use It Tuesdays - 2W, must use hoarded supply's & say what you used - All about Mom week 1 (papers, buttons, twine)
- Creative Mondays - 2W - (2nd week) Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy Designs - Spots & Dots
- Lollipop Crafts - Mama Mia (For Mother's)
- Love to Create - 3E - For Mom/Special Lady
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- Tammy Scrapin Corner - Punches/Die Cuts.
- Catered Crop - 2W - (1st week) The Letter "B (butterfly, button, book)
- Dream Valley Challenges - 2W, 3E - (1st week) For a Special Lady
- Sentimental Sundays - must include a Sentiment - for a special woman
- Desert Island Crafters - M, 2W, P1/15 – Use Die cut shapes, twine, buttons, one word sentiment
- 2 Sisters - #90 Anything goes
- Catch The Bug - 3E, SIO - Anything goes
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
- Sew Many Ways Linky Party – Find a friend