Monday, January 23, 2012

Using Up Some Scraps & Blog Candy Winner

Pin It

Last week my mother in law asked if I could make some note cards for her. Since my mojo was in a slump, I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration.

I made her 10 note cards based on a project I saw on Pinterest (see below) and was able to used up some scraps.

My note card –

The card I CASED from Pinterest -


Isn't Kasia's card fabulous? (If you like it, leave her some love here.)

Now, for the winner of my January blog candy a Sarah Kay First Kiss (by Stampavie) clear stamp.

And the winner is….

Fullscreen capture 1232012 80039 PM

#40 - Lynn Hayes

Congratulations Lynn! Email me at shestamps11-blogs(at)yahoo(dot)com with in the next 10 days and I will pop your stamp on the mail.

Have a wonderful week!

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Fancy Flourishes from Papertrey
  • Inks: Close To My Heart Chocolate ink
  • Tools: Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Cricut, Sure Cuts A lot software, Flutters & Flowers SVG file from My Time Made Easy
  • Papers: Papertrey kraft & dark chocolate CS, misc. dp scraps
  • Embellishments: White Sakura pen

25 comments:

Scrappin' Annie said...

I love both these cards Cheryl -- but yours has just something extra. Thanks for sharing.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card, and a great card to have cased!

Theresa said...

Your card is just wonderful!! Beautiful CASE.

Tracy said...

WOW! You did an awesome job of casing that card Cheryl. Yours is every bit as lovely. :-) Hugs!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so pretty, love the CAS and then how the frame is done with the butterfly and swirls. You did the card justice :)

Annette Allen said...

so beautiful...

Amber Alvarez said...

Love these butterflies, and you too!

Luanne said...

what a sweet card!

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

stunning! the small accents of white are so pretty on the kraft :)

Carly said...

Gorgeous Card.

Congrats to the lucky winner of the candy ...

xoxox Carly

Nicole said...

Congrats Lynn, and Cheryl thank you for the opportunity. Your cards are fabulous! Really elegant. Hugs, Nicole

Sandra H said...

Hi Cheryl, both cards are stunning and congratulations to the winner:) Sandra H

Sandra H said...

Hi Cheryl, both cards are stunning and congratulations to the winner:) Sandra H

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

awww, great CASE card!! I love both, but you've got the nicer scrolls :)

I'm sure your mother loved the set!

Congrats on your win Lynn!!!
Maria

Karin said...

I LOVE this card! Great job CASEing and I the white gel highlights are sheer perfection!

1CardCreator said...

Love this Cheryl, you have inspired me to make some similar cards!

jimlynn said...

WOW!!! Simply gorgeous. Clean and simple and beautiful and will make lovely note cards!

Was I ever surprised to see I won the blog candy too!!! Yipee!! Will e-mail you Cheryl!

Lynn

Jennifer said...

This is an incredible card for being so simple! Very stunning frame and butterfly mix!

Jeni said...

What a beauty Cheryl! I love Pinterest, full of cool ideas.
~jeni :)

Tammy said...

Awesome note card Cheryl! Love the white gel pen accents!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Cheryl. Love the beautiful butterfly with the frame! The swirls are lovely.

Vicki Fraser said...

Congratulations Lyn!

Audrey Pettit said...

Fabulous notecards! Such a perfect take on the one you found on Pinterest. Love the kraft base and love the stamped swirl. Super sweet butterfly, too.

Keti's Projects said...

Waauu. The card is gorgeous. I love the butterflies, so simple nad just perfect.

Thanks for sharing. XXX

K. Joy said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love the swirls and the gold look to the paper. Wow, it's so pretty. :) Thanks for sharing!