Happy Thursday! I hope your week is going well. I can’t believe it is already mid-May. I hope some warm, sunny weather heads our way soon.
I lost my creative mojo over the week end and really struggled to make the few cards that I needed to complete. I (re)discovered a huge time sink, Pinterest, and it really got my mojo going again. There are so many amazing things to look at, be inspired by, or laugh at. I started by putting together some collections of card sketches and crafting projects that I love. It just grew on its own from there. Feel free to look me up and check out some of the sketches and things that I pinned if your mojo needs a boost.
This week the Meljen’s Designs team is challenging you to use a sketch created by our talented teammate Dianna. This is such a great, versatile sketch. I hope you will join us and link up your creation inspired by this sketch on the Meljen’s Designs blog.
I decided to make another boyish card for my stash (or maybe OWH). I never used the Playful Dinosaur image before and was happy to get the chance to print & color him. I also broke out some burlap that I had stashed away. I don’t know why I haven’t been using it. I think I’ve been “saving” it for some big, wonderful idea that hasn’t surfaced yet. I am glad I used it because I really like the way it looks even as a simple mat.
Just like every Thursday, Melissa has some cute new digital images that she is releasing at Whimsy Stamps. Here is a looksee.
Since she loves to spoil us on occasion, she also released a few extra, summer inspired images earlier this week. These are also available at Whimsy Stamps.
As if that isn’t enough, she also released 4 RUBBER stamps at Whimsy Stamps on Wednesday. Whimsy is having a blog hop to celebrate all the new rubber stamps and dies released in May. If you are interested in joining the hop, you can find the details HERE.
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day!
- Stamps: Playful Dinosaur digital stamp by Meljen’s Designs, Ticket Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs (both available on Whimsy Stamps)
- Papers: Papertrey kraft and dark chocolate CS, Neenah Solar Crest CS, My Mind’s Eye Little Boy Blue DP,
- Inks: Close To My Heart Twilight & Olive inks
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic markers
- Embellishments: the Twinery cappuccino baker’s twine, misc. button & burlap
- Card Making Fairy’s Digi Day - for the boys
- Cheerful Stamp pad – Color your world
- Clear It Out – any coloring medium (copics)
- Cooking it Up with Katie – recipe/sketch for a child + button
- Craft your Passion – Cutie patootie
- Crafting for All Seasons – Anything goes
- Creative Belli challenge - “S” – Spots, chevron Stripes
- Delicious Doodles – Inspired by…sketches & pinterest
- Desert Island - used patterned paper, image, die cuts, button
- DigiStamps4Joy – for a boy
- Frosted Designs – Ribbon or Twine
- Gingersnap Creations – (Spicy supply challenge) twine
- Happileigh Challenge – stitches
- Lawn-scaping – polka dots
- Lexi’s Creations – spots &/or stripes
- Mami Doodles – spots &/or stripes
- My Partner in Crafting Crime - twine, jute or string
- One Crazy Stamper – boys & men
- One Stitch At A Time – anything goes
- Penny’s Paper Crafty challenge – anything goes
- Pinterest challenge on Soapbox Creations – inspired by sketch HERE and by colors and dino HERE
- Really Reasonable Ribbon – Anything goes (using ribbon, lace or trim) I used bakers twine
- Scrappy Frogs – Anything goes
- Sew Many - Anything goes
- Spoonful of Sugar – Anything goes
- Stamp Something –anything goes
- Stamps R Us – go digital
- That’s Krafty Thursday – kraft paper
- The Stamping Boutique Challenge – Circles
- Top Tip Challenge – one for the kids
- Wags N Whiskers – circles