As a card maker, I should always have a card ready and mail it out in a timely fashion. You would think... Anyhow, the truth of the matter is, even though I am a Type A personality and hate to be late for anything, somehow I am almost always late getting cards into the mail. I don't know why. That's just the way it is. May be I'll add this to my New Year's resolution list next year... Lose 20 pounds, exercise more, drink more water, and mail cards on time....
So today is my friend, Joy's, birthday. Believe it or not, I actually got her birthday card to her on time. Early in fact... Some how I had her birthday on the wrong date on my calendar. Two weeks early.... On her "birthday" or so I thought, I popped on Facebook and left her a cheery little birthday message. Needless to say, confusion ensued. On the good side, I gave us all a laugh, we decided to celebrate her birthday month instead of day, and I got my card to her on time.
Here is a look at her card. This is my first effort at a collage type card. I was inspired by the card Amy Sheffer posted here. The photo really doesn't do it justice. Don't cards almost always look better IRL?
Thank you for stopping by and reading all my babble today. Happy Birthday Joy!
- Stamps: Birthday Cupcake by Meljen's Designs, Ticket Sentiments by Raindrop Echo Designs (Both available on Whimsy Stamps)
- Papers & CS: PaperTrey kraft cs, Neenah Crest solar white cs, PaperStudios black cs, Close To My Heart Sweetheart DP
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rhubarb Stalk
- Tools: Stampin' Up edge punch, Sewing machine, Big Shot, Seeing Spots embossing folder, Copic markers, sponges
- Embellishments: Glossy Accents, Stickles Cotton Candy , Twinery Charcoal bakers twine, Bazzill Basics black sheer dot ribbon, Jenni Bowlin button, Starbucks coffee sleeve (to make heart), Close To My Heart pearl paint, Sakura stardust gellyroll pen, misc gemstones & rick rack
- 2 Sisters challenge - embossing
- Alphabet Challenge - p= paper piecing
- Card Makin' Mamas - birthday
- Cupcake Craft challenge - cake & icecream
- Digital Tuesday - punches
- Do It With Digis - distress it
- Dare to be Sassy - use a punch
- Digi Doodles Shop Best - anything goes
- Do You Stack Up - Dots
- Fashionita Friday - birthday
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - birthday
- Happileigh challenge - birthday
- Fresh Brewed Challenges - Ribbons & bows
- I Did It Creations - anything goes
- Paper Variety - sewing
- Random Amusing Challenge - use pink
- Scrap Creations - birthday
- Spoonful of Sugar - birthday wishes
- Stamptacular Sunday - for some one special (my friend, Joy)
- Victorine Stamps - emboss it
- Catered Crop - Cupcake(kitchen) image, DP, black accents