A few months ago, she was looking over my shoulder when I was blurfing (blog surfing) and saw that some one had made her daughter a book mark. She has been asking me for one ever since. Luckily, the Meljen's Designs challenge this week is to make a book mark or tag. I had to take this opportunity to make her a personalized book mark.
Here is a look at the clip I used on the back. I bought a package book mark clips a while ago with the intent of using them to make her a book mark but had not had the time to use them. (They are from Jewelry Shoppe Findings purchased from Hobby Lobby for $1.99 for 2.)
Here is a close up of the cute little sunflower from Meljen's that I paper pieced. It was sprayed with Glimmer Mist even though it does not show up in the photo.
Here is a peek at the entire new release. Remember you can buy individually or as a set.
I hope you will join in the Meljen's Designs Challenge to create a book mark or tag. Remember you do not need to you a Meljen's image to participate. Stop by the challenge blog to see the creations from the other DT members.
Edit: Also, Meljen's Designs is moving to Whimsy Stamps. You will be able to purchase your Meljen's images HERE. All new images will be at Whimsy and Melissa is busy moving all the old ones over there too. Older images will still be in the old shop during the transition.
Thank you for looking!
Challenges for this card:
- Aly's Stamping Challenge - Flower Power
- Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Nice & Girly
- Crafters Digital Art Center - Anything goes with a digi
- Crazy Challenge - All things spotty
- Digi Doodle Shop Best - anything goes
- Fresh Brewed Designs - Anything Goes
- Hand Stamped Sentiments - Anything but a card
- S2G - Use something new (new image)
- Images: Sunny Day Flower from Meljen's Designs
- Papers & CS: PaperTrey Inc kraft, SU Bashful Blue & Delicate Dots DP
- Inks: None
- Tools: Cricut & George cartridge, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Xyron
- Embellishments: Crystal Stickles, Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist in pearl, cardboard (from pizza box between layers to make stronger), Copics & Prismacolor markers (highlighting on flower), misc. beads, rings, thread, book clip