If you are my mother in-law, Pat, please close this.......
Okay, here we go.
Okay, here we go.
I created this card for Mother's Day and for Sentimental Sunday's second challenge "For that Someone Special". I am so blessed to live near my mother in law. She is a wonderful lady, active in the community, at the senior center, her church, and with her Red Hat ladies. She is smart and fun. She loves spending time with my daughter and often invites her over for an overnight stay (much to my husband's and my joy and appreciation.) I wanted to make sure I had a special card for her for Mother's Day.
I found this quote on The Quote Garden and printed it using MS Word. In case you have problems reading it in the photo, it says "Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs...since the payment is pure love." I wonder if the person was referring to SAHM's? I think all mom's are full-time mothers. Even when we are away from our children, they are not far from our minds. We are constantly worrying, planning, and remembering. My daughter is only 8 - I wonder if that is going to change when she gets older.
I hope you will make a card "For that Someone Special" and join us in the Sentimental Sunday's Challenge. Ann also has a freebie posted.
Now to the details on my card. A complete supplies list is shown below. I colored the pearls with my Prismacolor marker (Eggshell) because they were just too white. You probably can't really tell the difference in the picture but they now look slightly off white instead of bright white. The foliage (?) and butterfly punches were sprayed with Tattered Angels pearl glimmer mist and have a nice shimmer. You can see it on the butterfly in the picture but it gets lost on the foliage. The card is much prettier in real life.
I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Thank you for looking at my card. I hope you will join us at Sentimental Sundays. You have 2 weeks to enter.
Challenges for this card:
- Annabelle Stamps - Say it with pearls
- Creative Cottage - Circles
- Delightful sketches - Pull out your punches
- Paper Popsicles - Mother's Day
- Robyn's Fetish - Run for the border
- S2G - Have words Mom or Mother
- Stampin' B's - Mother's Day
- Stampin Royalty - punches
- Taylored Expressions -TESC111 Sketch
- Images: None (sentiment computer generated using MS Word)
- CS & Papers: Close To My Heart Elegant Bouquet paper pack, Georgia Pacific white CS
- Inks: Close To My Heart Tulip ink
- Tools & Embellishments: Stampin' Up border punch, Martha Stewart foliage & butterfly punch, Prismacolor marker in Eggshell, Kaiser half pearls, Tattered Angels pearl glimmer mist, Spellbinders Nestabilities