** Updated 4-20-10 This card won the Top 3 Scoops in the Pile It On challenge.
Unfortunately I needed another sympathy card. One of my husband's customers passed away yesterday and he wanted a card to send to her family. I feel like I am always scrambling to make sympathy cards lately but for some reason I just can't force myself to build a stock of them. A little bit of denial I guess. If I don't have them on hand, maybe I won't need them. Sadly that theory hasn't been working out too well.
I found this lovely word art on Ann Vento's blog, Raindrop Echo Designs. If you haven't been over there, you should go check it out. She is kind enough to share some of the lovely word art / sentiments that she has created as freebies. (She also sells some through Whimsy Stamps.) She makes gorgeous cards.
Earlier this week we were celebrating the first birthday of Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. You still have time to get in on the blog hop and have a chance at winning some digital stamps set. See my post HERE for details.
I hope you have a fabulous week end.
Challenges for this card:
- 2 Sketches 4 You -Sketch #50
- Little C's challenge - Add some bling (used adhesive gem stones)
- Our Creative Corner - Bows
- Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes
- Pile It On - Say it with Words
- Stamp Something - Layers
- Stampin' for the Weekend - Ribbons & Bows
- Image: Word art Free Sympathy Sentiments from Raindrop Echo Designs
- Papers & CS: Close To My Heart Silhouette paper pack, misc. black, Georgia Pacific CS
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo black (sentiment inside the card)
- Embellishments & Tools: Black ribbon, black gem stones, Stampin' Up border punch, Nesties files from Penny Duncan Creations, Cricut & SCAL