Saturday, October 24, 2009

DCT29 Things with Wings



Earlier this week, my daughter asked me if I was going to make her a special card for her birthday. I was planning on it, but now there are "expectations". The pressure is on....


When I was looking around for inspiration, I found the DCT29 challenge - Things with Wings. From there, I decided use Itty Bitty Betty butterfly from Pink Cat Studios. Since butterflies are always around flowers, I used my Cricut Wild Card cartridge to cut the card base into a flower shape. To make it a little more fun, I made it into a spinner card.
What do you think? Is this suitably "special" for an eighth birthday?


Supplies:

Stampin' Up Slumber Party designer paper
Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink card stock
Stampin' Up Pale Plum card stock
White cardstock (Georgia Pacific)
Cricut
Plantin School Book cartridge (for the "8")
Wild card cartridge for the card base
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders nestabilities
Stampin' Up Markers & Soft Subtles ink pads
Versamark champagne stamp pad
Close To My Heart spots on background stamp (on the "8")
Brads
Swirl Clip
Close to My Heart ribbon and flowers
Stampin' Up Slot punch
Pennies (for the spinner card)
Sakura Gelly Roll pens (black and clear glitter)

3 comments:

Lora said...

This is lovely,she looks so cute Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday,
Lora x
ps i have some blog candy on offer at the moment, please come over to check it out

Maria Matter said...

oh Cheryl, this is just too cute! Beautifully done!!
So glad you joined us @ Digital Tue!!!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

how cute!