Hello & Happy Monday!
Linda over at the Catered Crop has cooked up another fun recipe swap – Put A Bird On It! How fun is that?!
I love birds. I love watching them at my many feeders, their antics in the bird baths, and building nests. I love keeping an eye on their eggs and watching the progress of their hatchlings. I love watching them fly across the sky in big flocks or long V’s signaling the change of the seasons. Given my love birds, you can probably guess that I have tons of stamps and digital stamps of birds in all their various shapes and sizes, bird nests, and bird houses. But, when I was looking for something to use for my Catered Crop project, nothing caught my interest.
As I was digging through my stash, my little Senegal parrot, Corky, was working really hard to get my attention. He was whistling, blowing kisses, and using all his best phrases like “You are such a good, good boy”, “Give me a kiss”, “What are you doing?”, and “Come on, come here.” Then it hit me, I had the perfect bird to put on it! Meet Corky!
This little guy has been with me almost 23 years! When I got him, I was told Senegals generally live 10-12 years and may learn 1 or 2 words . Wrong! Now life expectancy estimates are up to 50 years and I have lost track all the words, phrases and sounds he knows.
As always, Linda has curated a fantastic Pinterest board to get our creative mojo flowing. Here is a peek. Click on the photo below to go to the board.
After creating your bird project, be sure to stop back and share creation by linking up at the Catered Crop.
Before we go, here is one more look at Corky while he is enjoying a bit of banana.
Have a great day! Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Bountiful Backgrounds from the Verve Stamps
- Papers: Bazzill Basics kraft CS, Prima Alla~Prima collection 6x6 paper pad
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Papertrey Banner Basics die, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Stampin’ Up photo corners punch, Fiskars edge punch, Sweet N Sassy heart dies
- Embellishments: May Arts burlap twine, October Afternoon Midway Designer brads and Green & Cream Mini Market alpha stickers, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Text stickers, Jenni Bowlin Malted Milk paint dabber, Tatter Angle Apple Glimmer Mist, Cork, misc button
- 613 Avenue Create - W - Anything Goes
- One Stitch At A Time - W, SIO – Anything goes
- Challenges 4 Everybody - M, 3E - #39 March - Anything Goes
- One Stitch At A Time - W, SIO - #206 TBA
- Scrapbook Blessings Club Tutorial Challenge - 2W, must fit feature to YouTube videos, E3 – Anything – one week only
- Scribble and Scrap - 2W, SIO, E3, C15, F - Always Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar - M, 1E - Animal Antics
- Hiding in my Craft Room - W, 1E - #143 Freestyle
- My Sheri Crafts - 2W - #130 (W1 of 2) Anything but a card
- Open-Minded Challenges - 2W, 3E (W1 of 2) #7 Animal Antics
- Bloggers - W, JFF – Animals
- 4 Krafty Girlz - 2W, E3 (W2 of 2) # 14 Anything Goes
- Dream it Up - M SIO Anything Goes
- Outlawz Twisted Thursday - W - Anything Goes... Adda butterfly
- Paper Crafting Journey - 2W - (W1 of 2) Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - 2W, 3E - #39 Anything goes/Things with Wings
- Inklings and Yarns - 3E, JFF - Always Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E - Always Anything Goes
Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party by Craftin Desert Divas - 2W - (Week 1) Anything Goes
The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge - 2W, E2, SIO - (Week 1) Anything Goes