I have another Christmas card to share with you today. I love this Vintage Santa (G351) stamp from Great Impression Stamps.
I wanted to give the entire card a bit of a vintage-y feel so I decided to stamp him on kraft paper and leave him uncolored. I distressed the edges of the all the papers with my scissors and used some ink and paint to grunge them up a bit. I broke out one of my favorite crafting items, a coffee sleeve from Starbucks, to add a bit of texture. I hit a major score when I found some felt in one of my odds and ends drawers that coordinated with the papers so I cut out some holly leaves as an embellishment.
I like the way this card turned out. I’m always nervous about leaving an image uncolored. I’m worried about things looking unfinished. But, in this case, I think it works.
If you are thinking about getting started on your Christmas and Holiday projects, stop by the Great Impressions Stamps on-line store to check out their great variety.
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a fabulous day!
- Stamps: Vintage Santa (G351), Season’s Greetings (C427), and Warmth & Love (E250) (Inside sentiment) by Great Impressions Stamps
- Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Close To My Heart Vineyard Berry, Distress Inks Tea Dye
- Papers: Papertrey kraft CS, misc. wine CS, Simple Stories Handmade Holiday 6x6 paper pad, Georgia Pacific CS (inside)
- Tools: Big Shot, Papertrey Victorian Lace Border die, Papertrey Holly Jolly die, Sewing machine, Close To My Heart edge distressing tool
- Embellishments: May Arts burlap twine, misc. buttons & felt, Jenni Bowlin Malted Milk paint dabber
- 613 Avenue Create - W - Challenge #37: Anything Goes (Happy Fall Y'all)
- Addicted to Stamps Challenge - 2W, Must use stamp- Challenge #63 (1st Week) 1-2-3-tell us what it is. (1 image, 2 word sentiment, 3 dp’s)
- Our Creative Corner - 3E M (September) - Forgotten Things (green felt)
- Paper Creator's Crafts 2W 3E SOR - #14 (W1 of 2) Make It Chrismassy
- Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - 2W, 3E - No. 48 - Week 1 - Anything Goes
- Inspire Me Fridays– W - No. 120 - Anything Goes!
- Sister Act Card Challenge - W, Cards. - No. 24 - Anything Goes
- Sweet Pea Stampers - 2W, SIO, E3 - Week 1 - Use Kraft paper/card
- 4 Krafty Girlz - 2W E3 #1 Anything Goes
- Happy Campers - M, 3E - #21 (W4 of 4) Use a Stamp
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - M, 2E, must be Winter Holiday - Santa Claus
- Crafting By Designs - F - Anything Goes
- Inklings and Yarns - 3E, JFF - Always Anything Goes
- Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge - M, must use a stamp - anything goes
- Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - SIO - #275 Distress
- Penny's Paper-Crafty - 3E - #144 Anything Goes
- The Stamping Chef - 2W – Kraft
- Clear It Out 2W, 3E, Must use stash item - Challenge: Thank You : Stash Item: Something you've been hanging on to (felt and coffee sleeve)
- Through The Craft Room Door W, 2E, -Always Anything Goes
- Tuesday Throwdown W- #164 Anything Goes
- Make it Monday - W - always Anything Goes