Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. We really enjoyed having an extra day off this week for Labor Day.
Today is my daughter’s first day of school. I can’t believe she is in 5th grade! It seems like yesterday when I was sending her off to Kindergarten. In the spirit of sending her off to her first day of middle school, I made this card for her using Bitty Love from Paper and Such.
Once again I was trying to do a bit more of a CAS card than my usual style. I had to go back and layer the apples to give it a bit of dimension because I just couldn’t leave it as it. I have to admit I originally envisioned a single layer card but that was just too much outside my comfort zone. I love when other people make single layer cards but I just can’t do it myself.
Julie made a big announcement on the Paper and Such blog last night. She has made the difficult decision to close the store. Of course she is going to have a big sale! Right now, you can get 30% off everything in stock.
While you are here, don’t forget to check out my blog candy!
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great day!
- Stamps: Bitty Love from Paper and Such
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink Antique Linen
- Papers: Papertrey kraft CS, October Afternoon Schoolhouse & Detours papers
- Tools: Sewing machine, Big Shot, Provo Craft Seeing Spots embossing folder, Close To My Heart corner punch, Stampin Up edge punch, Fiskars edge punch
- Embellishments: October Afternoon Report Card sticks, Tim Holtz paper clip, Twinery Charcoal baker’s twine (available at Paper & Such), misc. button, Jenni Bowlin malted milk paint dauber, Zig Pure Red pen, Copic black multiliner, Copic markers & colorless blender
- Critter Sketch - Back to School is Cool
- Fashionista Challenge - M, (Running 3wks) - (3rd week) Card for a Child
- Incy Wincy Designs - Back to School
- Love to Create - 3E - Back to School
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- Stamp with Fun – Button
- Always Something Creative - P1, JFF - Enrollement/back to school
- Desert Island Crafters - M, 2W, P1/15 - choose 3 or more from the list (pens <to color with>, alphabet, apple for teacher)
- Doodle Challenges - P1, M, 3E - (ends Sept-12) School Days
- Ladybug Crafts - M, P1, 3E - Anything Goes
- Natalie and Amy's Challenge - M, P30 - Anything Goes
- Scrappy Frogs - M - (Sept) Back to School
- Catch The Bug - 3E, SIO - Anything Goes
- Just Some Lines 2W, SIO - 2ndW Back to School
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
- CCEE Stampers - 1E, JFF – back to school
- Do You Stack Up? - 3E – back to school
- Paper Crafting Journey - 2W - (ends Sept-12) Anything Goes
- Pixie Dust Studio - SIO - the bell is ringing - back to school
- Creative Belli - 2W - #151 back to school
- Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
- The Perfect Sentiment - must have sentiment on front - anything goes
- Papelito's Stamps 3E - Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly -Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door 3E - Always Anything Goes