On this card I decided to try something new. I left the image uncolored. I have seen some other people do this and I wanted to give it a try. What do you think? I keep going back and forth between liking it and thinking it looks unfinished. Right now I like it but by the time you read this I’m sure I’ll have changed my mind a couple of times.
I created a custom rub on to add the sentiment to the card. (I have a tutorial on this technique HERE.)
Since it is Thursday, it means there is a new challenge starting on the Meljen’s Design blog. Our new challenge to you is to use OVALS on your creation. Link up your entry at the Meljen’s Designs blog for your chance to win some Meljen’s digis.
Today is a bit sad for me. This is my last post as a member of the Meljen’s Designs team. Sadly, work and family commitments are cutting in to my crafting time so I needed to cut back. I know I will still be following the Meljen’s Design blog and the blog of the design team members.
While you are here, don’t forget to check out my paper give-away. You can see the details by clicking the picture below.
Thank you for stopping by!
- Stamps: Rose (digital stamp) from Meljen’s Designs
- Inks: Papertrey Kraft Dye Ink, Versa Mark
- Papers: Papertrey kraft CS, Bazzil Basics Pinecone CS, My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Market Street DP pad, Georgia Pacific white CS,
- Tools: Sewing machine, Stampin’ Up edge punch, Big Shot, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Papertrey button die, Heat tool, Bow Easy
- Embellishments: Hug Snug cream seam binding, Papertrey button twine, Suze Weinberg Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, misc pearls
- Techniques: Custom made rub ons
- Divas by Design - 2E - #32 buttons/bows
- House That Stamps Built - SIO - card for a woman you love
- Inky Impressions - SIO - anything goes
- Just Keep on Creating - F, M - #1 anything goes (ends Apr 30)
- Little Darlings Challenges - 2W, SIO - #22 flowers
- Pixie Cottage - SIO - Sketch* and/or for Mom
- Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
- Deep Ocean Challenge - 2W - #24 Use punches & dies week 1
- Party Time Tuesdays - 3E (2E anything goes wk) - PTT #65 Anything Goes + Kraft
- Ribbon Carousel Challenge - must include spooled item - #50 Anything Goes
- Love to Create - 3E - Anything Goes
- Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
- Paper Creations Ink - 2W, F - (2nd week) April Showers Bring May Flowers
- Squigglefly - SIO - Mother`s Day
- The Crazy Challenge - 2E – Girly
- Victorine Originals - 2W, SIO - (2nd week) Anything goes
- Catered Crop - 2W - (2nd week) Kraft Paper
- One Stitch At A Time - SIO - Anything Goes
- 2 Sisters - #88 Use a digital image
- Just Some Lines 2W, SIO - 1stW Give a Gift of Flowers
- Marks Finest Papers -#104 Stitching
- Fairy Fun Fridays - 2W, SIO - Week 1, Anything with Flowers
- Fussy and Fancy - 2W - Week 1, Punches / Dies
- Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
- Wags 'n Whiskers - 2W, SIO - Week 2, Anything Goes